XF 1.3 Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote

Today, I'm going to show you a handful of changes in XenForo 1.3 that are all related to posting and editing messages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo
  • Editor toolbar adjustments
  • [SPOILER] BB Code
  • MultiQuote

Any chance to have something to close the spoiler?

But now, how do you close me?? I can spread evil everywhere whenever I want now Mwahahaha!

Any chance to have something to close the spoiler?

But now, how do you close me?? I can spread evil everywhere whenever I want now Mwahahaha!

Why would you want to close it after you opened and read the spoiler? It's like asking for a close toggle for a post you just read. Really, if a user abuses the spoiler tag, your moderators should do their job and if they do not, time for new moderators.

Why would you want to close it after you opened and read the spoiler? It's like asking for a close toggle for a post you just read. Really, if a user abuses the spoiler tag, your moderators should do their job and if they do not, time for new moderators.
Some boards make be happy with more NSFW content if it is enclosed in a spoiler and marked appropriately.

As I stated elsewhere:

I can see the toggle being useful for those NSFW bits of a post. With the way that it currently works on here, once you click to reveal then that's it, no hiding without a screen refresh! At least with a toggle you can quickly open and close it before the boss sees it.

I'm not talking about me here, of course, just in general. :whistle:

I love the Spoiler Options. Especially "naming" the spoiler - that gives a great way for people with NSFW content. I see this being used quite frequently.

Lovin' the MultiQuotes, too. The only real trouble I have with it is not being able to really edit each post until it's actually posted. Like those long-winded posts, where you actually want to talk about a particular point of that long-winded post...

Top Bottom