Editor Question

mrGTB

Just a quick question. Are there any plans at some point to replace the TinyMCE editor with your own custom one. Much like vBulletin uses it's own version?

Just a quick question. Are there any plans at some point to replace the TinyMCE editor with your own custom one. Much like vBulletin uses it's own version?

Don't quote me on this, but I think someone stated that they planned to stay with TinyMCE, simply because it reduces development components and more time can be allocated elsewhere.

Honesty, I don't really mind the TinyMCE editor and it is pretty neat as well as simple. Although if xenForo got it's own editor, I think that would be quite a fascinating feature but it's not crucially needed. :(

Building a proprietary WYSIWYG for XenForo? As unnecessary as XenForo writing their own jQuery framework.

Using something other than TinyMCE? There are dozens of choices. Joomla Content Editor is amazing and I am sure there are many others.

Silly how Joomla developers keep throwing their arms in the air in praise over the GPL status of things, while it's actually also working against the progress of Joomla.

I don't think that was what Kier meant when he said GPL. XenForo is a commercial product.

That's not what I meant with my post Gary.

Anyway, back on topic.

I think the TinyMCE editor is just fine, it works, and works well. And I hope it will get tweaked a bit more to the preferences of users, or replaced in the future with a XenForo editor.

I'm already familiar with the TinyMCE editor and I love how easily customisable it is. I have no problem with it, but I would love to see a XenForo editor fully integrated with the ACP (or with hooks) at some point in the near future.

just a few amusements... more options in the quick reply box leads to a full page editor page. but there are apparently no new options. :D

of course, i understand that this is an alpha edition and you might add more features to the full page editor in the future...

and i can actually select wingdings and webdings font! why would anyone need it!

that forces me to ask a general question. what is the need to offer font options in an editor on a discussion forum... it is simply going to be misused 99% of the times. :)

Top Bottom