Editor Question

mrGTB

Just a quick question. Are there any plans at some point to replace the TinyMCE editor with your own custom one. Much like vBulletin uses it's own version?

just a few amusements... more options in the quick reply box leads to a full page editor page. but there are apparently no new options. :D

of course, i understand that this is an alpha edition and you might add more features to the full page editor in the future...

and i can actually select wingdings and webdings font! why would anyone need it!

that forces me to ask a general question. what is the need to offer font options in an editor on a discussion forum... it is simply going to be misused 99% of the times. :)
As far as I know, webdings and wingdings fonts come with the tinyMCE editor. The editor has not been customized yet.

What do people not like about TinyMCE? I remember seeing people claiming it was bloated... but isn't it a pretty modular system that you can trim down based on your needs? On here it seems pretty slim. I also have previously used it with a drupal site and didn't experience any issues.

just a few amusements... more options in the quick reply box leads to a full page editor page. but there are apparently no new options. :D

of course, i understand that this is an alpha edition and you might add more features to the full page editor in the future...

and i can actually select wingdings and webdings font! why would anyone need it!

that forces me to ask a general question. what is the need to offer font options in an editor on a discussion forum... it is simply going to be misused 99% of the times. :)
As a normal user you get access to the preview function, and the watch controls. As a moderator there are several more options.

As a normal user you get access to the preview function, and the watch controls. As a moderator there are several more options.
Oooh, any chance of a screenshot? :)

Are they moderator specific functions or just extra formatting controls?

Edit: Just realised you meant the preview page and not the TinyMCE editor, d'oh!

What do people not like about TinyMCE? I remember seeing people claiming it was bloated... but isn't it a pretty modular system that you can trim down based on your needs? On here it seems pretty slim. I also have previously used it with a drupal site and didn't experience any issues.
Actually I find it too feature light. :)

TinyMCE loads quickly, so it's a good starting point. I love Joomla Content Editor (JCE) because it has a ton of features that all work very well together, and has a massive admin control panel that exposes the settings and defaults for a large portion of the buttons. But JCE is GPL so that's out.

Top Bottom