Browser issue editor problem here at xenforo.com

Ati

Okay, I see why I was having formatting issues... For some reason, the editor changed to the BB-code editor (or at least it LOOKED LIKE THAT), but it wasn't really the bb-code editor... It did not have the toolbar that the Rich Text Editor has at the top, but it did not have the "Use Rich Text Editor" link at the bottom either.

I have no idea how I did that, it happaned with another test-post as well. When I noticed the editor looking strange, reloading the page brought the Rich Text Editor back. Switching to BB-editor now had the switch back line as well.

There's a new version of TinyMCE in use here (3.4) so I expect there are a few teething troubles to resolve.

Can you guys post screenshots and URLs of where you are seeing this problem, as I can't see it myself.

At the time I posted, I couldn't edit my signature and also this thread hadn't the bbcode-bar rich text editor... I pressed the more options button and I got to the editor with this predefined: <p><br/></p>... I returned now to xenforo - this thread. same problem but I pressed f5 and now everything is there again... spooky :cautious:

Can you guys post screenshots and URLs of where you are seeing this problem, as I can't see it myself.

Its only here on XenForo.com - any thread, I went over to XenFans and couldn't reproduce the error. I am using Chrome (10), and when I click reply, it goes to a new page, with HTML inside the editor. Screenshots are attached, as it's not letting me insert them into the post.

Attachments

• xenforo-editor-broken.webp
    xenforo-editor-broken.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 10
  • xenforo-editor-broken2.webp
    xenforo-editor-broken2.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
  • xenforo-editor-broken-3.webp
    xenforo-editor-broken-3.webp
    22 KB · Views: 8
I'm using Chrome 10 here and I can't reproduce it. I'll run a cache-buster on the JS and see if it resolves the problems.

I'm also running Chrome 10 on winXP. It seems to be okay (for me) now, it was only those two posts yesterday, and one more time after the second post, when I noticed the link missing. Reloading the page solved the problem, so maybe this had something to do with caching.

I'm also running Chrome 10 on winXP. It seems to be okay (for me) now, it was only those two posts yesterday, and one more time after the second post, when I noticed the link missing. Reloading the page solved the problem, so maybe this had something to do with caching.

I had it on IE9

Edit: the issue dissapeared for me as soon as I refreshed the page (about 1 hour ago)... the issue is now gone... I wonder if or when it will appear again

Top Bottom