Who reads (or could read) the "Conversations" here at xenforo.com ?

Is it fair to ask who has access to member's conversations ?

Kier ?
Mike ?
Andrew ?
Brogan ?
anyone else ?

What is xenforo.com's policy on reading Conversations ?
Unfettered access by anyone xenforo.com wants ?

Who cares ?
Stop using this website if you are afraid of somebody reading your PC and head over to Facebook or Google.
Facebook and Google will never read your mails. :cautious::eek: :ROFLMAO:

Mike and I have direct database access, and could therefore read conversations if we had the inclination. We don't have the inclination.

There is no other way to view the textual content of other users' conversations.

I still think it is a valid question, for example, if someone wanted to spam all the members with some offer via Conversations, it would be useful to know if they are going to be read by the admins, then, when they are, they can say "but you said you would never read the conversations" and act really upset at the lack of privacy of the site :)

j/k

I think it is a valid question. Personally, I always assume that the owner of the site could and would read my conversation if they feel like they need to, and it's not like I have a privacy statement signed from them ...

I still think it is a valid question, for example, if someone wanted to spam all the members with some offer via Conversations, it would be useful to know if they are going to be read by the admins, then, when they are, they can say "but you said you would never read the conversations" and act really upset at the lack of privacy of the site :)

j/k

I think it is a valid question. Personally, I always assume that the owner of the site could and would read my conversation if they feel like they need to, and it's not like I have a privacy statement signed from them ...

Even if a member were getting spammed why would any admin here feel the need to read it unless they are reading PCs already?

If you are in the paranoid thinking that your pcs are being read (and I highly doubt this is the case) don't use the pc system here at xenforo.com. If I had to make an assumption this is very much related to the privacy attachment thread and gives the thread starter the chance to call an all out panic, fuss when he's not too busy harassing/telling resource contributors what to do or how they should release their resources. AKA Sour Grapes.

I'm sure the staff here has better things to do than to waste time reading people's conversations. If you're that paranoid, go on an IM service or talk on the phone.

I'm sure you don't think about AOL or the government listening in, right? ;)

Dang, guess I have to stop having conversations with myself talking crap about Kier & Mike. Don't want them to read the super secret insults!

Assume anything you do on the internet can be seen by someone else (regardless of whatever laws might say different).

At that point, if anything were to ever happen that you felt ashamed of, its your own damn fault. If you're just crying to cry and scream about your rights, etc... find a topic worthy of such attentions and focus your "outrage" there, where it might actually be useful.

Also, one point to remember... no one.. and I mean no one... thinks you are as important or interesting as you think you are.

I'm sure the staff here has better things to do than to waste time reading people's conversations. If you're that paranoid, go on an IM service or talk on the phone.

I'm sure you don't think about AOL or the government listening in, right? ;)
Code Word: Echelon

tfh-016.jpg

Top Bottom