Fixed Editor doesn't copy colors

I believe this may be as designed as some formatting is deliberately removed such as colours and font sizes.

I'll leave it to Mike to confirm though.

Indeed.

The fact that colours were copied was also an often reported bug.

Think of the scenario where a site has a light style and a dark style and text copy pasted by a user of the light style maybe invisible to users of the dark style and vice versa.

Not to mention any text copied from any other site that may not work with the currently enabled style.

It does work if you have more than one line selected. Looks like that's because the code that detected the paste was from redactor required a <div> tag to have the extra attribute. I've now applied that in a few other cases to try to catch this situation.

It does work if you have more than one line selected. Looks like that's because the code that detected the paste was from redactor required a <div> tag to have the extra attribute. I've now applied that in a few other cases to try to catch this situation.
Have you applied the fix here? I can still reproduce it.
There's something related that I want to report, but need to make sure if it's not resolved by this fix.

Works fine for me.

Copy of this colored text is shown below.

this colored text

(FF 28.0, 29.o.1)

Last edited:
As noted, colors (and various other things) are only maintained if you copy from within the editor. If you are copying from anywhere else, heavy filtering will be applied to the pasted text.

As noted, colors (and various other things) are only maintained if you copy from within the editor. If you are copying from anywhere else, heavy filtering will be applied to the pasted text.
Was copying from within the editor using

Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Top Bottom