1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Editor bug on IPAD : can not copy/paste

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by fionatony, Apr 1, 2014.

1. fionatony

fionatony Member

We convert to XenForo 1.3 from vBulletin 1.3 last week. I love it, and members start to love it.

A few members have reported having issues with the editor when using their iPAD. We tested it and confirmed it.

The bug is that you can not copy/paste anything in the editor of XenForo 1.3 if you use iPad.

This issues also can been seen in the website of xenforo.com .

Thanks a lot

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this. I don't have any issues with an iPad. Can anyone else confirm this? Can you confirm the specific revision of the iPad and the iOS version?

3. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Including the editor not being "active" thing? I still get that quite often.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm referring to only the reported issue. If you have other issues that you feel are a bug, please report them separately.

5. RobParker

Sorry I didn't explain properly. I was referring to copy/pasting into the editor but the editor not becoming active so the text stays greyed out. I know it's not directly related but thought it was relevant to the OP.

6. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

iPad 2, 4, and 5 are working fine.

7. RobParker

iPad 3 works fine as well (apart from the active focus thing I mentioned which happens at random)

8. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

One of my users is also having the same problem. Didn't get a clear answer about which iPad but they mentioned iOS 5.

9. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

iOS 5 is like supporting windows XP minus the amount of people using it. Tell them to upgrade to iOS7 (and 8, which would come out in 2 months). If It's iPad 1, then keep it on 5 or it would die.