(Early) Adopter Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupara

What exactly is an adopter sale? I saw it in the Announcements forum under the XenForo thread. Kinda interested in hearing what this is.

Thanks

Cool, you could see me a version now if you like for free and that would be like really early adoption
mf_hide.gif

I highly doubt they'll offer any kind of trade-in program. Seeing as they've had absolutely zero revenue to this point, they don't have a lot of cash lying around and they can't just take the hit of scooping up hundreds of used vBulletin licenses with nothing to do with them. :)

Sorry, but I think this whole idea is completely unrealistic.

When the Presale of vB4 started there were limited special offers from Invision and WBB for vB-licence holders.

That´t nothing unusual, it´s called crossupgrading.
For Invision, no, there was not. There was a special offer for everyone who was interested and no one asked for any vB licence details. There was no advertisment, only a small footnote in an announcement. I know that because I used that offer.

The offer saved you 50$ for the whole suite. So instead 350$ you had to pay 300$. That was the special offer. Forum only option wasn't possible, forum only wasn't offered, you had to pay the normal price.

I'm quite sure most of them wouldn't be able to use trade-in anyway, because xF lacks a lot of features compared to current competitors. So all of blogs, CMS, gallery etc. would be gone and I'm not sure whether their user base (if there is any) would be very satisfied with such a change.

For Invision, no, there was not. There was a special offer for everyone who was interested and no one asked for any vB licence details. There was no advertisment, only a small footnote in an announcement. I know that because I used that offer.

The offer saved you 50$ for the whole suite. So instead 350$ you had to pay 300$. That was the special offer. Forum only option wasn't possible, forum only wasn't offered, you had to pay the normal price.

There was such an offer as i described during the Presale of vB4.
You had to send them the url of your vBulletin-Site and after that you got an discount for the Board, i think it was 50$

I know because i used that offer to test out IPB, but the german translation (very bad!) and some promised features that didn´t worked out rushed me away from IPB.

But i agree to your point regarding sites with galleries, CMS, blogs etc.
As long as there are no official addons or good mods it won´t be usable for me.

I don't think the overhead involved in trading in is very useful here. Additionally, if I wanted to use the software in my intranet, how do I verify this, take a screenshot?

There was such an offer as i described during the Presale of vB4.
You had to send them the url of your vBulletin-Site and after that you got an discount for the Board, i think it was 50$
You're right. Missed that one. It was a 25$ discount for IP.B. But as said, at the end they offered it for everyone, even existing IPB customers.

I already have a buyer for my vBulletin licenses;

One is being bought by a competitor site for an older site I ran.

Another one is being sold to someone who is buying an integration method that my main dev did for a game server.

Rest of licenses are either being sold cheap, or given away.

You're all looking at it wrong! They are planning an early adopters sale anyway.
So all they need to do is:
Give everyone another $10-20 off the price as a trade-in for their old vBulletin license.

Are we still seriously talking about a vBulletin trade-in program? It's impractical and it won't happen. :)

I take it you've changed your mind then, I think it is highly unlikely to happen as it could be seen as an overly aggressive strategy when xF are trying to build a good reputation, but with the anti-vB feeling around at the moment it may mean that such an idea would actually help xF's reputation. It's a tough call, but definitely one I would be considering if it were me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom