How many Early Adopter $100USD licenses do you consider to buy?

Can you point me how to do that? I just went to PayPal and couldn't find out how to do it without creating an account. :confused:

I think you need to hit the paypal option from something you are purchasing, have done so in the past but not sure if it's an option or something with the payment gateway. Anyway?

You do QA for IPS. Doing QA is normally a paid position.
I dont understand what relevance this holds to this topic?

For one i didnt have to buy IPB before i was allowed to Beta test it, IPS actually let people beta test if for free before IPB 3.0 it was released, therefore this allowed people to make up their minds before purchasing.

Because it's only for people who are buying. If you're not, no need to vote. :)
Well, that leaves this poll pretty much skewed then, if you are excluding potential customers from voting.
This poll is not only for people who are buying as the poll has an option for people that are not sure if they are buying.

Maybe I am understanding this wrong and apologies in advance if I do, but this and a few other posts of you come across as very 'restrictive' and counter productive to an open communication. I mean: whats wrong with letting people vote that they will not buy an early adapter license? Its not a vote against XF. Nor is it meant in any negative way.

On the contrary: the only reason for me not to buy one, is that I would very much like to see XF develop in a software solution that provides the functions that I need.

Is this really how you want XenForo to profile itself?

I hope that you will see this post how it is meant: as constructive criticism from someone who is very enthusiastic about XF.

I hope that you will see this post how it is meant: as constructive criticism from someone who is very enthusiastic about XF.

Yes I do see your post as constructive, but you are directing it at the wrong person. The poll was started by a regular member of our site. That person did not request his poll to be modified, therefore; it is not right for us to do so. If you would like a None option added, PC the topic starter, and if he contacts one of the staff members to make the change, we will. :)

I mean: whats wrong with letting people vote that they will not buy an early adapter license? Its not a vote against XF. Nor is it meant in any negative way.

I started this poll, and I can see the point. I think staff should add option "Zero", so people who are considering buying XenForo (just not the first day), or does not want to buy at all for whatever reasons, can vote also. The question for the poll is very specific, how many licenses the first day only, and of course potentiel buyers may want to buy later than the very first day.

I voted 2-3 as I indeed plan to buy 2-3 but funds are now looking a little low and I may only be able to afford one in the first 24hours, but I will certainly then just but the other two at full price at a latter date...

Saying that if another $100-$200 appears between now and THE day then I will but 2-3

Were they previously licensed members :rolleyes:.

This is the first version of the software; releasing the BETA for free when its a paid product would have people using the BETA version rather then paying for a license, now wouldn't it?

This statement might be quite trollish, but I already got accused of trolling by one troll, so I'll say it anyways: Why are people who are clearly biased against XenForo (Either paid employees, or volunteers for competitor solutions) posting that they're not buying a license, when it is quite apparent from the get-go that they never had much intention of doing so?

Quite honestly, that is blatant trolling, and it shows an even greater lack of maturity then all of my snide remarks, posts implying idiocy at certain users, and my borderline flaming put together.

Well no because you can encode the beta (exactly what IPS did) anyways im not here to troll, i simply answered a question with my reason why i dont *currently* intend to purchase a license during the pre-sale.

I'll be buying a single license because I only need one.

For those people getting a separate license for testing purposes... is that really necessary? I thought most products allow you one installation for staging/testing and one installation for live (same license). Is that not the case here? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the intentions of some users.

Top Bottom