[EAE Add-ons] Thread preview widget

[EAE Add-ons] Thread preview widget 1.3

No permission to download
Hi,

Lets say that you have 2 pages (page_1 and page_2) work with [EAE] Thread preview widget set on [EAE] Page view: Above content display position. There is also another widget called "top_of_home_page". How can you show "top_of_home_page" ONLY on page_1?

Thank you.

Good morning. Are you asking about another widget on the same page as this add-on, or a widget position? If it is another widget, whomever created that widget would need to check what page the Thread preview widget is on, and then clear the data so it doesn't display after page 1.

how can i get the footer fixed on the blocks, image shows the footer acting up on some blocks

Good day Brad. The footer placement depends on how much text there is and if an image is available or not, and if the title covers more than one line. If you check the Have you seen... forum, you will see the same thing happening there (more apparent on the bottom of page 2). It is done that way so there is not a lot of white space between the text and the footer (it comes after the footer instead).

I would suggest making the text block a fixed height, but that won't help if there are articles with an image to be displayed and articles that have no images to display.

Good day Brad. The footer placement depends on how much text there is and if an image is available or not, and if the title covers more than one line. If you check the Have you seen... forum, you will see the same thing happening there (more apparent on the bottom of page 2). It is done that way so there is not a lot of white space between the text and the footer (it comes after the footer instead).

I would suggest making the text block a fixed height, but that won't help if there are articles with an image to be displayed and articles that have no images to display.
thank @Lawrence i fixed it :)

Hey! Great addon! I'm still testing it out and messing around with it on my test board but I wanted to see if there was a way you could add an option to pull specific prefixes in addition to your option of pulling from various nodes. I'm willing to pay for the addition.

And a question. The cover image that is used, does that have to be an attachment? I can't seem to get the first image to pull and I don't see any being pulled on your example page.

Hey! Great addon! I'm still testing it out and messing around with it on my test board but I wanted to see if there was a way you could add an option to pull specific prefixes in addition to your option of pulling from various nodes. I'm willing to pay for the addition.

Thank you. Pulling threads by specific prefixes, or pulling specific prefixes with the thread? Either way this is something I can look into for the next update. As for paying for the addition, I don't do that.

And a question. The cover image that is used, does that have to be an attachment? I can't seem to get the first image to pull and I don't see any being pulled on your example page.

It searches for thumbnail_height, so an image is required. As for my site not displaying images, it is just that most of the threads from the nodes I selected do not have any images (the nature of the site).

Thank you. Pulling threads by specific prefixes, or pulling specific prefixes with the thread? Either way this is something I can look into for the next update. As for paying for the addition, I don't do that.
First one, pulling threads by specific prefixes in addition to pulling from specific forums. For example, I have a section that has 5 different prefixes, one of them is for "news". I want to be able to say "pull from [this node] AND only "news" prefix". Since you are thinking about it for the next update, can I ask if you have a timeline? I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for a site update and this is one feature that we need to move forward with the update. Thanks :)
It searches for thumbnail_height, so an image is required. As for my site not displaying images, it is just that most of the threads from the nodes I selected do not have any images (the nature of the site).
I'm trying it on my test install which is why I was asking the question. I have a few threads with images in it, tho not as attachments, but embedded from imgur, and they aren't being pulled to the widget. Is there something I have to do to make it so they get pulled correctly? When I create an "article" forum, the images get pulled properly.

Hello,

Thanks for this great add-on.
Would it not be possible to have an option that allows the first discussion displayed to always have an image?
It's a bit complicated when the discussions come from forums that are not fed only by the staff that all have an image. So it happens quite often that the first discussion displayed is just text without an image and it is not very pretty.
So if it was possible to have an option so that whatever the other settings of the add-on, the first discussion displayed is always a discussion chosen from the one with an image.
It would be fabulous!

Many thanks !!

Can this widget display images from the articles?
I believe if it's attached. I made a change to the template to pull the first embedded image.
Code:
            <xf:if is="$cover">
                <a href="{$link}" class="articlePreview-image" style="background-image: url('{$thread.cover_image}')">&nbsp;</a>
            </xf:if>

The above thread.cover_image seemed to do the trick. I forget what I changed it from though and which template exactly, was just looking through the PMs I had with Lawrence and saw that I had made that change.

If this worked for search forums it would be perfect for us. All I really wanted was a widget that could display a search forum in the article preview "grid" style.

This add-on should soon be removed, and all the others by the same author for that matter. Lawrence hasn't logged in for over 11 months. I wouldn't engage my forum with soon-to-be-deleted add-ons... And especially with 2.3 looming...

Top Bottom