[Duplicate] Pricing for Xenforo(after early adopter discount)

Pricing for Xenforo(after early adopter discount)

• Total voters
Is there an early adopter discount? I had seen it talked about, but not official.

Anyway, preferably it would be $120 - $140 to be competitive and have people more apt to buy it than the other for profit suites. Will it be around that? Probably not, although if it's like $180 or higher, I'd be a little more hesitant :P

I guess it all depends on how the renewal fee is, as well. I want to support a great product, of course! But I also don't want to be bent over crying either. We'll see :P

I'd be inclined to go with the $130-$150 band which should (I haven't gone and looked so working on my not-so-accurate memory) I think put it in the same range of IPB

I'm not going to offer my suggestion or speculation on this until I have the opportunity to see a 'feature frozen' list. Right now though, I'm somewhere in the middle.

I don't really think its up to us... not our business. My expectations / guess would be something like the following possibilities:

Early adopter sale %20 - %40 reduced.
Flat fee for 12 months of upgrades including ticket support
Upgrade on demand at reduced initial cost for future upgrades
Fee for installation & phone support (phone support is often far more time consuming than just fixing the issue yourself)
Forum support included in price
$$$ for each additional product or bundle / equivalent discount for bundled products against existing purchases.

I think Kier and Mike have plenty an idea on what they feel is reasonable for a new release product into the market.

I would not expect to see the price anywhere near vb or ipb until an offering of similar products are available... and if they maintain the high level we see already, then it wouldn't surprise me to see a full suite in the future exceed the cost of the other two players, OR, under cut them both to really hack into their clientele base. Getting people to convert is always the hard part, but once converted... difficult to leave.

Whilst some believe in excess of $150 is achievable... whilst that may be true for an established product, I'm not sure that is sustainable for a new player to the market, experienced devs or not, that experience is reflected in existing products with established backgrounds and marketing within the industry. I may also view that statement differently upon seeing exactly what the final product includes standard upon release.

There are 30+ other forum only products available for use, from free upwards. Capturing the client base beyond the initial hype / backers is the challenging part. The initial followers don't keep a business afloat... new and ongoing business keeps a business afloat, especially giving other forum admins really good incentive and products equivalents to make the change, to put their users through what can be considered a mildly traumatic change for some to learn an entire new system.

Again, certainly only my opinion... Kier and Mike no doubt have a figure and strategy... if it works it works, if not they test and adjust throughout, hence how marketing goes.

Yes, but the topic linked by you is "imperfect", it includes the price of the renew...a user read in the options "xxx per year" and think: WTF? :confused:...it's a confused poll... This is the correct Xenforo-price topic IMHO :D

Just wanted to mention that I took this poll as a "what do you think it will be" question, not "what do you think it should be". I would never presume to try suggesting to Kier & Co. how they should get paid. I'm only a cog in the wheel, a Joker in the deck, a faint star in the sky, a piece of driftwood.... oh, you get the picture. :p

I don't want it to be too expensive. I can only speak for myself but when VB4 turned out to be a step in the wrong direction, I've had to shell out for alternatives which hasn't been cheap. I'm pretty sure I'll be an early adopter, but the other problem I'll have is having my skins converted to xenForo which will cost even more money.

I know the guys aren't a charity but with the purchase of VB4 and then having to switch to another suite of products... It's been expensive. Doing this again may make me cry a bit. License sales are an option I suppose.

I don't really think its up to us... not our business.
Just wondering. If we're the ones who are going to be paying with our own money, how is it not our business?

I'm not saying we should be poking our nose in right now to harass them for a price, or trying to pressure them into keeping it at a certain range. However, this IS a business, and once your money is transacted , it IS your business.

Top Bottom