[Duplicate] Pricing for Xenforo(after early adopter discount)

Pricing for Xenforo(after early adopter discount)

• Total voters
I don't really think its up to us... not our business. My expectations / guess would be something like the following possibilities:

Early adopter sale %20 - %40 reduced.
Flat fee for 12 months of upgrades including ticket support
Upgrade on demand at reduced initial cost for future upgrades
Fee for installation & phone support (phone support is often far more time consuming than just fixing the issue yourself)
Forum support included in price
$$$ for each additional product or bundle / equivalent discount for bundled products against existing purchases.

I think Kier and Mike have plenty an idea on what they feel is reasonable for a new release product into the market.

I would not expect to see the price anywhere near vb or ipb until an offering of similar products are available... and if they maintain the high level we see already, then it wouldn't surprise me to see a full suite in the future exceed the cost of the other two players, OR, under cut them both to really hack into their clientele base. Getting people to convert is always the hard part, but once converted... difficult to leave.

Whilst some believe in excess of $150 is achievable... whilst that may be true for an established product, I'm not sure that is sustainable for a new player to the market, experienced devs or not, that experience is reflected in existing products with established backgrounds and marketing within the industry. I may also view that statement differently upon seeing exactly what the final product includes standard upon release.

There are 30+ other forum only products available for use, from free upwards. Capturing the client base beyond the initial hype / backers is the challenging part. The initial followers don't keep a business afloat... new and ongoing business keeps a business afloat, especially giving other forum admins really good incentive and products equivalents to make the change, to put their users through what can be considered a mildly traumatic change for some to learn an entire new system.

Again, certainly only my opinion... Kier and Mike no doubt have a figure and strategy... if it works it works, if not they test and adjust throughout, hence how marketing goes.

Agreed on every aspect.

Just wondering. If we're the ones who are going to be paying with our own money, how is it not our business?
What I mean is the customers direct business into company business factors that we as customers have no real knowledge of specifics in relation to the product or company. We as customers do not know how much work has gone into the product, the hours, the costs, the wages paid and to be covered, the company costs overall... this is what depicts the pricing for any product / service, in combination with competitive pricing available based against x specifications. You then have to factor in support, rework, new features and evolution of the product. If you work 7 days a week, 14hrs a day to under sell your product, that is not a sustainable pricing model / company setup, as you will burn out, you are losing money, something must give, being the price increases or the product time / features decreases.

If xenforo made it too expensive, they would know soon enough by the simple lack of sales. If they made it to cheap, and the company was losing money for the total sales vs. costs, then the price must go up. It would not surprise me to actually see some price fluctuation in the first 12 months, as getting that price right against all business factors is essential for xenforo's forward movement and future within the industry.

Again, not information that we the customer will ever be privy to, so its really not our business as the customer to dictate what the price should be / price range should be. We the customer get to indirectly have our say by who buys the product, who doesn't, and why. In essence, that is the length and extent of our direct input as a customer! Our say ends at whether we "choose" to buy or not to buy.

I'll pay whatever what is asked, unless its completely outrageous, and even that depends on what it offers me.

Having looked through this with all of the people who have a say in my project, only one has stated they're against it (And its mostly due to design, which we'll have to change to suit our needs anyways).

$150-250 is about the price I'd prefer. 

Top Bottom