Fixed Drag and Drop image in PC

MattW

As I'm guessing the permissions haven't changed for uploading images into PCs, if you try and do this, is simply loads the local image into your browser. You then have to press back to get back to the PC window.

There are no messages displayed with regards to no permissions to do this.

I suspect you need permission to upload attachments for that to work.

Is the suggestion to display an error message?

Ah, yes, sorry, the actual suggestion was to display an error message. I'll do a screen shot now showing what happens.

I'll move it to bugs and see what @Mike has to say about it as I suspect the same will happen in a post with no permission to attach/upload.

Actually, I can only drag and drop into the quick reply editor, and not the one on a Reply or PC

Attachments

• pc upload.webp
    pc upload.webp
    130 KB · Views: 19
As said, it's because you don't have permission to upload. I'm not sure what the correct behavior should be here -- we don't even register the handlers if you can't upload a file so it's what would happen if you dragged a file on any other page.

As said, it's because you don't have permission to upload. I'm not sure what the correct behavior should be here -- we don't even register the handlers if you can't upload a file so it's what would happen if you dragged a file on any other page.

I think better behaviour would be to display a simple overlay error message

So are we only able to use the drag and drop for upload in the quick reply in threads? I tried in a New Thread and a More Options reply, and it doesn't work in there.

So are we only able to use the drag and drop for upload in the quick reply in threads? I tried in a New Thread and a More Options reply, and it doesn't work in there.

I can't save I've had any problems with it working elsewhere. If you can still reproduce that, report it in another bug.

I have now (locally) changed this so the drag and drop is always enabled, but if there's no uploader it'll tell you that when you try to drag in.

Top Bottom