Resource icon

Double Click Forum Icons to Mark Forum as Read 1.0.1

No permission to download
Great idea. I'm getting a server error with an install on xF 1.1.2. Maybe 1.2 is required?

Server Error
Argument 3 passed to El_MarkForumReadIcon_Install_Controller::install() must be an instance of SimpleXMLElement, none given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in El/MarkForumReadIcon/Install/Controller.php at line 15
  2. El_MarkForumReadIcon_Install_Controller::install()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/xxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Great idea. I'm getting a server error with an install on xF 1.1.2. Maybe 1.2 is required?

Server Error
Argument 3 passed to El_MarkForumReadIcon_Install_Controller::install() must be an instance of SimpleXMLElement, none given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in El/MarkForumReadIcon/Install/Controller.php at line 15
  2. El_MarkForumReadIcon_Install_Controller::install()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/xxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13
yes, it requires 1.2 (because of the template edit)

Good to know that our install controller doesn't work with xf < 1.2

We have these custom icons for unread forums

X87jttk.png
AWqOip3.png

How would I make this addon work with those?

AFAIK you shouldn't need to change anything.

Have you tried it?

Well i removed the node icon code and put a custom one there

cii7MyL.png

So this code:

Code:
<div class="nodeStats pairsInline"  style="margin-right: -30px;margin-top: -25px;height: 40px;font-size: 18pt;color: #969696;font-weight: bold;text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 0 -1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);float:right;">
            <div class="iconStats"><dl><dt><i class="icon-comment"></i></dt> <dd> <span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase discussions}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.discussion_count}}</span>/<span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase messages}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.message_count}}</span></dd></dl></div>

This addon marks the forum read (via ajax) and removes the "unread" class from the node.
Is this enough information?:D

I don't know what you've done to change the nodeicon:p

This addon marks the forum read (via ajax) and removes the "unread" class from the node.
Is this enough information?:D

I don't know what you've done to change the nodeicon:p

I removed the node icon code and put this code in there instead.

Code:
<div class="nodeStats pairsInline"  style="margin-right: -30px;margin-top: -25px;height: 40px;font-size: 18pt;color: #969696;font-weight: bold;text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 0 -1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);float:right;">
            <div class="iconStats"><dl><dt><i class="icon-comment"></i></dt> <dd> <span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase discussions}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.discussion_count}}</span>/<span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase messages}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.message_count}}</span></dd></dl></div>

I removed the node icon code and put this code in there instead.

Code:
This won't work, sorry.

Thank you, but one question: Atm, we are setting up a testforum. We have tweaked it, so the subforums are listed like they are in vB. Each subforum has its own tiny bubble-icon, which indicates, if the subforum contains unread messages.

What would have to be done, to make that addon even work for those subforums, marking them as read, when they are double-clicked?

Just downloaded the latest update. It should be 1.0.1 but the XML has version string 1.0.0 in it :)

Reactions: Dan
Same here, any idea how to make this work with UI.X?
I asked the developer, and got:
It would be up to the developer of that add-on to make it work with UI.X, there is no way we could make this compatible with the add-on unfortunately.
:(

Top Bottom