1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Click Forum Icons to Mark Forum as Read 1.0.1

Like in vBulletin 4

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

resonansER likes this.
  2. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

Great idea. I'm getting a server error with an install on xF 1.1.2. Maybe 1.2 is required?

Server Error
    Argument 3 passed to El_MarkForumReadIcon_Install_Controller::install() must be an instance of SimpleXMLElement, none given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in El/MarkForumReadIcon/Install/Controller.php at line 15
    2. El_MarkForumReadIcon_Install_Controller::install()
    3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
    6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/xxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

yes, it requires 1.2 (because of the template edit)

Good to know that our install controller doesn't work with xf < 1.2

4. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

I gotta upgrade. :p

Dan likes this.
  5. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

We have these custom icons for unread forums

[​IMG] [​IMG]

How would I make this addon work with those?

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

AFAIK you shouldn't need to change anything.

Have you tried it?

7. Matthew Hawley

Well i removed the node icon code and put a custom one there

[​IMG]

So this code:

Code:
    <div class="nodeStats pairsInline"  style="margin-right: -30px;margin-top: -25px;height: 40px;font-size: 18pt;color: #969696;font-weight: bold;text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 0 -1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);float:right;">
                <div class="iconStats"><dl><dt><i class="icon-comment"></i></dt> <dd> <span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase discussions}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.discussion_count}}</span>/<span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase messages}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.message_count}}</span></dd></dl></div>

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

This addon marks the forum read (via ajax) and removes the "unread" class from the node.
    Is this enough information?:D

I don't know what you've done to change the nodeicon:p

10. Matthew Hawley

I removed the node icon code and put this code in there instead.

Code:
    <div class="nodeStats pairsInline"  style="margin-right: -30px;margin-top: -25px;height: 40px;font-size: 18pt;color: #969696;font-weight: bold;text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 0 -1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);float:right;">
                <div class="iconStats"><dl><dt><i class="icon-comment"></i></dt> <dd> <span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase discussions}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.discussion_count}}</span>/<span class="Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase messages}">{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.message_count}}</span></dd></dl></div>

11. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

This won't work, sorry.

Steve F likes this.
  12. KiF

KiF Member

13. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Thank you, but one question: Atm, we are setting up a testforum. We have tweaked it, so the subforums are listed like they are in vB. Each subforum has its own tiny bubble-icon, which indicates, if the subforum contains unread messages.

What would have to be done, to make that addon even work for those subforums, marking them as read, when they are double-clicked?

14. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

In 1.4b3 I get this error when trying to import the addon (happened on two boards):

15. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Nomy and Vilandra like this.
  16. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

Works great now on 1.4b3 :) Thank you!

Dan likes this.
  17. Marcel

Marcel Active Member

Just downloaded the latest update. It should be 1.0.1 but the XML has version string 1.0.0 in it :)

Dan likes this.
  18. thumped

thumped Well-Known Member

allbuffs likes this.
  19. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

The support of @Russ is great, I'm sure easily he will give you a hand if you have a problem with some addon.

thumped likes this.
  20. macdeirf

macdeirf Member

Same here, any idea how to make this work with UI.X?
    I asked the developer, and got:
    :(