Double click forum icons to mark forum as read

Double click forum icons to mark forum as read 2.1.0 Patch 1

No permission to download

Idhae

Last edited:
Apparently so according to a review by @BirdOPrey5:
Awesome, thank you. Still works fine, just installed it to XF 2.1.0. My members very much missed this vBulletin feature.

I may well have a look at this add-on myself.. 🤔:)
I have since noticed double-clicking anywhere on the line with the forum, be it the icon or title, or white space surrounding it, all works to mark the forum as read. Not sure if that is the same functionality as under XF 2.0 or unique to 2.1.

This is a nice Add-on :)

A few suggestion though
  1. It would be great to also wrap the <xf:js> in a condition so the JS only gets loaded if really needed.
  2. tt would also be nice if the doubleclick handler does only get registered on the icon, currenlty it is registered on the whole node <div> as explained by @BirdOPrey5
  3. Not sure what others think but I feel like the message-overlay is a bit annoying. IMHO it would be enough user feedback if you change the logic to only apply the changed CSS class after AJAX call has been completed successfully

Last edited:
Thank you for updating. v1.0.0 was already working with XF 2.1.x. What's been updated for v2.1.0?

1. It would be great to also wrap the <xf:js> in a condition so the JS only gets loaded if really needed.
  2. tt would also be nice if the doubleclick handler does only get registered on the icon, currenlty it is registered on the whole node <div> as explained by @BirdOPrey5

Reactions: DGG
this can happen, if this addon also uses a tms on node_list_forum template
you can check this under yourdomain/admin.php?template-modifications/

Yes they both have a TMS on node_lis_forum for the line
Less:
 <span class="node-icon" aria-hidden="true"><i></i></span>

Top Bottom