Fixed Double alert?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Ok, I don't know whether this is related to thread splitting or anything, but it struck me as very odd!

upload_2014-1-24_19-12-53.webp

Look at the alerts at the top and the bottom. They are generated by the same user, with the same thread. The actual link is exactly the same.

Is there a reason for this duplicated alert to the same thread, or was it just a one off glitch?

Liam

Was probably created in one forum that you are subscribed to and then later moved to another that you are subscribed to.

Which forums do you watch?

Was probably created in one forum that you are subscribed to and then later moved to another that you are subscribed to.

Which forums do you watch?

That could be the case, although it shouldn't happen like that, especially as they have the same content ID's and I'd already viewed it once...

Hmm

It might be the case that a few more conditionals need to be added during thread move.

If you already had an alert for the same content then I agree you shouldn't get a second.

It is possible to get an email but not get an alert.

I've taken an approach that should work, though it might not be perfect across multiple moves. It looks at the source forum and skips giving the same type of action (or actions) that you would have received in the source forum.

Top Bottom