1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Double alert?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Liam W, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't know whether this is related to thread splitting or anything, but it struck me as very odd!

upload_2014-1-24_19-12-53.png

Look at the alerts at the top and the bottom. They are generated by the same user, with the same thread. The actual link is exactly the same.

Is there a reason for this duplicated alert to the same thread, or was it just a one off glitch?

Liam

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Different times, though, That's an odd one.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Was probably created in one forum that you are subscribed to and then later moved to another that you are subscribed to.

Which forums do you watch?

Liam W likes this.
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

That could be the case, although it shouldn't happen like that, especially as they have the same content ID's and I'd already viewed it once...

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Okay, I just looked through the Recent Activity page and am only seeing one. I'm not seeing one at 9:32 AM.

Activity 1.png Activity 2.png

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I moved the thread.

upload_2014-1-24_19-31-5.png

Divvens, Liam W and Amaury like this.
  7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hmm

It might be the case that a few more conditionals need to be added during thread move.

If you already had an alert for the same content then I agree you shouldn't get a second.

jmurrayhead and Liam W like this.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is possible to get an email but not get an alert.

I've taken an approach that should work, though it might not be perfect across multiple moves. It looks at the source forum and skips giving the same type of action (or actions) that you would have received in the source forum.

CyclingTribe likes this.