1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue dolphin browser - raw editor only

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Adam Howard, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

At this time dolphin browser is the 2nd most installed browser on Android market. So I figure it was worth a testing.

Can't click inside the editor window to type anything in the normal editor. Had to exit the rich text editor to type this out.

Current version tested.
  2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

I think Redactor is bugged in Dolphin. See this.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's iPad. I tested it on Android before without issue but would need to reconfirm.
    Adam Howard and tyteen4a03 like this.
  4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

A member on my forum using Dolphin on his Android indicated the Rich Text Editor does not work.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I've just tested this site using Dolphin (latest version) on Android 2.2 and can confirm that the Rich Text Editor does not display.
  6. Mike

It works fine for me in Android 4.1 (Dolphin 10). This makes me think that it might be that it doesn't work in Android 2, which isn't that surprising as Android didn't properly support contenteditable then. We don't actually load the RTE if the user agent reports Android 2 though.

For anyone with a non-working RTE in Dolphin (as in, it loads but you can't type into it -- not that it doesn't load), can you check your user agent here? http://whatsmyua.com/

Dolphin allows all sorts of user agent masking which means that we can't necessarily detect this properly. (And older mobile OSes appear to support contenteditable, they just don't bring up the keyboard.)
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That's a real shame, as the people most likely to use Dolphin on Android are those using Android 2 seeing as it doesn't support Chrome or Firefox. :(
  8. Adam Howard

Your User Agent is:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.2; en-us; Amazon Kindle Fire Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

9. Adam Howard

Dolphin 10.0.1
    With their JetPack Engine 3.0.2

Android 4.2.2
  10. Mike

That's the key there. Without that enabled, I don't seem to have any issues.
  11. Mike

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to fix this.

I can actually get the keyboard to trigger in a few situations, generally when clicking in a very specific error. It's an issue inside the browser where it simply doesn't register that the click happened. It appears to be specific to the iframe method for an editor.

I'm building a reduced test case to send to the Dolphin developers.
    JulianD, tyteen4a03 and Chris D like this.