Browser issue Dolphin Browser issue with Reply Text Field

It's fair to say we've not had much luck in being able to fix this in the past; mostly because there isn't a feasible way of detecting the browser therefore targeting a mitigation specifically to the browser without affecting others that do work wasn't possible.

In case anything has changed, can you get your user to visit this page through Dolphin browser and let us know the user agent?

http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

Looks like safari on iOS is

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13C75 Safari/601.1

Dolphin:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/13C75

So it doesn't specify Safari but seems otherwise non specific.

We've identified a cause for this and exploring a couple of workarounds. There may well not be a suitable workaround, so we've also reported the bug to Dolphin directly. We'll update you if there's any more news on this.

Dolphin causes pain to a lot of front end developers. A lot of these 'were popular at one point' browsers that are lagging behind a bit on support.

As this is essentially a browser issue, I will mark it as such.

I haven't yet had a response to my support ticket but if I do I will update this thread.

Top Bottom