1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does you give your members a blog?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by billybatz9, Feb 1, 2014.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Do you have a blog addon that you let your forum members use?
  2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only my paying members.
  3. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

I do. Members get a blog and they can use it if they want.
  4. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

When someone makes a decent blog for XF... yes, I will then. Sorry, but neither of the two, both of which I own licenses for, are close to XF standard IMHO, thus I won't deliver them to my users.
  5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

What do you need a blog addon to do? What do you find lacking on the current blog addons?
  6. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

One is more playful and entertaining for members, than professional, and the other is an attempt at professional, though is far from refined and useful, has a lot of bugs, and is being updated in a month, which was 18 months ago, or more, now. (Correct me if they've updated it in the past year)

Neither one comes close to XF conventions and professionalism as a viable option presented professionally without major issues, integrates fully with XF user permissions and allows users to have their own blog with full permissions on who does what with it.
    ogirginc, D.O.A. and Sage Knight like this.
  7. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

We don't offer a blog at this time. Not certain if we will. Not sure what it would do for us.