Do you use an adblocker?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
If you do, I hope you don't have adverts on the forum you own/administrate :P

If you want to remove adverts from sites, why would you show them to your users?

Just something I was pondering the other day...

Yes, but I disable it on sites that I like and that I feel deserve the money. It's enabled for places like Facebook and several newspaper websites.

I have it installed but I only use it on obnoxious sites that have ads every square inch and should probably be banned from adsense but aren't >.> lmao

Every webmaster is entitled to some money and I feel I shouldn't hinder them when I view their site.

AND I'd like to add that I finally added adsense to one of my sites again. Users who are logged out will see ads and users who have less than 10 posts will see ads but only in highly searched areas.

I site I use to be on that was sold to a company that buys up automotive sites. It had a couple ads before. Then later it had a ton (imo). I just checked it out and it has 12 on it. I can't remember if it was that one, but there was one that I was on that had ads on both sides and they would all switch. The site was flashing in your face. It make it hard to read and I just left the site and didn't return.

I don't mind a few ads but I don't like a bunch that are changing every few seconds. It is distracting.

James

Why don't you feel that facebook deserves the advertising money?

James

a) They make more than enough money as is
b) I didn't mind when they had a couple of ads, but they seem to have added quite a number more over the years that just get in the way

a) They make more than enough money as is
b) I didn't mind when they had a couple of ads, but they seem to have added quite a number more over the years that just get in the way

It doesn't matter to me how much they are making. As my step father always said, profit isn't a dirty word. For the most part I don't mind their ads. Most I don't even pay attention to. The offer a good service that is free. I advertize my forum on there for free. I post a pile of pictures on there for free. I advertized my detail shop on there for free when I owned it. They give a lot for free. That is why I signed up in the first place. They do charge for a lot more now but the same services are still free.

In the early stages they didn't want to have ads or anything on it. Well that is the story anyway. But you can run that site for free. At some point it needs to bring money in.

James

I use it on my work computer simply because it can't really handle ad heavy sites (browser even locks up on js heavy sites). Instead of dealing with that frustration, I just block them. Also, sites using audio ads that you can't really mute, makes me very tempted on doing the same at home.

Yes, I always use ad blockers, absolutely no exceptions.

Throwing ads at me is a waste of time and other resources as I'm not the person who can be convinced to purchase something simply because you have a cool ad. That not only applies to ads on the net, it also does so elsewhere - for TV or printed media, I have my own mental ad blocker - simply ignore them.

When I plan to make a purchase, I usually do some research and decide on the base of known facts, not advertisements.

Top Bottom