Do you use an adblocker?

For your information, it does put me in the negative and I've happily paid it. I enjoy running the community and it costs me monthly, but I do it because I love it. That being said, I don't know where this went from a conversation about advertisements to you personally attacking me. I understand your points, I was explaining mine, I don't really want to be involved with an insult based discussion, so I'm just going to go look at other threads. However, I'll be sure to tell my future kids that I don't have your approval.

I always try to talk in general. Like when I say "you" I mean the general people. Not you pesonally.
But I understand what you want to say. I apologize for that, I did not want to attack you.
Yes, you explained your points so did I. Sorry again, if I offended you.
Have a good day.

If I would play the web site owner counterpart to @sbj as the website visitor, I would charge all visitors a fee to visit my web site before they are even able to see anything.

@HWS
People just can't wait to visit your website.
Do it, you are free to do this. Let's see how it will work.

(Psst, one note: You must do it in a hidden way, like ads, else it will not be easy to get fees)

@HWS
People just can't wait to visit your website.
Do it, you are free to do this. Let's see how it will work.

(Psst, one note: You must do it in a hidden way, like ads, else it will not be easy to get fees)

Also it will not be easy to visit web sites, because they won't even exist - if everyone acts like you. ;-)

Also it will not be easy to visit web sites, because they won't even exist - if everyone acts like you. ;-)
Well, I did not meet one person who would miss trash. So I would be happy if trash was removed naturally.
As I said. Good stuff will always remain because they are good. ;)

FYI:

A lot of you would do yourself some good, but using Firebug and checking your site for errors. I notice a good deal of the people who run ads, seem to have one error or another.

Someone even in this thread, I just sent a pm to a while ago, because the error was so bad that I got one of those nice pop-ups telling me an error happen on their site & could not load everything.

I'm surprised more people don't do that.

I have one, but its disabled as default. I only enable it on sites that take the piss and start playing stupid videos or force popups all over the place.

It is an unfortunate mess- for years I did not run an adblocker on principal because if everyone did it many useful sites would likely just close down. However after a security scare from something that would have been blocked by adblock I started running one religiously AND installing them in browsers of friends and family whose computers I configure. I do disable it on sites I frequent that I trust but it does eat at me the hypocrisy of how I feel vs. how I act- but simply can't risk my security so someone else can make 1 thousandth of a cent, I'd never click on an ad anyway.

Ideally I'd like an ad-blocker that blocks everything but adsense.

FYI:

A lot of you would do yourself some good, but using Firebug and checking your site for errors. I notice a good deal of the people who run ads, seem to have one error or another.

Someone even in this thread, I just sent a pm to a while ago, because the error was so bad that I got one of those nice pop-ups telling me an error happen on their site & could not load everything.

I'm surprised more people don't do that.

I regularly check the Chrome js console on my forum...

Just FYI ;)

Also, wow, it's rare a thread I make becomes long without being locked :/

Top Bottom