Do you support the immigration law like Arizona?

Well I can't speak for America - I can speak for my situation here in Japan.

As a (very) white British guy living in Tokyo I stand out like a sore thumb and I get pulled by the police when I am driving or walking around - most want to see my passport or my Gaijin card (immigrant card) immediately - most of the cops are good and I have no trouble but I dare not to leave my house without that card - when I go jogging, I have that card in my pocket. Why? Because Japanese law states that I have to carry the card at all times, if I fail to produce that card (even if I have a wallet full of other IDs) I can be jailed for up to a month. No phone calls, no messages to the outside world. My wife would probably think I'm dead and I would loose my job for sure (which also gives me the right to stay here) - so basically for not having that card I'm screwed.

Though I'm not upset that this happens and I'm certainly not sprouting about my human rights etc etc for the plain fact I came here out of my own choice. Nobody forced me to live here so I live by the Japanese law.
I have also learned to be almost fluent in Japanese too, why should other people have to speak to me in english because I can't be bothered to speak this country's language? It's their country - its language is Japanese.
I pay taxes, health insurance and a pension here (yes, even a pension that I may not get back if I move back home) - but that is what I should do, pay into the system like everyone else.

I see lots of communities grow in big cities, whether it's Korean, English, Chinese etc but I want no part of them if they just come here and not learn a word and be within their own community.

Back in the UK they are also having immigration issues and want to make a card similar to what you guys talk about - I have no problems regarding it, if they are legal they shouldn't have anything to worry about. Yes, carrying a card is a pain - but it's a lot less of pain than spending time in jail.

As for languages, I think America is an English speaking country NOW, not x amount of years ago - I see no argument in saying Spanish was there first. Japanese derived from Chinese, do you really think telling the Japanese to change the language to chinese because it was first will wash? I don't think so. I think the people who CHOOSE to live there should learn the language of that country.

But that doesn't count. Everyone knows the only way you can be a racist is by being White and American.

For the record I am Mixed Asian American and the above comment was sarcasm.

Seems a little extreme, to me. Have to show my passport when I get pulled over? What if the cops all target minority? Hmm. What do you guys think?
What are you suggesting? That the police should also pull over all blond haired blue eyed people who look like they are of Scandinavian descent to deal with the huge influx of illegal aliens from Mexico who are jumping the border? What is the wrong for which you are complaining?

Canada has place a stop on import(s) for next years... I have been in Canada for 95% of my life, but I am not a citizen of the Country... I have travel to the US recently (without passport/ D.L. or without any of my papers). Friend know a friend that knows a friend in the consulate of a certain country...

Keep wages the same though-out N/S hemispheres and only allow legal works to stay per contract. Everyone pays into Multi-Gov. sponsor health insurance and no unemployment style benefits, just top off salary of previous job onto the next (45%) for 18 months. If you need a job, then you should be able to work where employees are needed. (Yeah Right )

...... I came here out of my own choice. Nobody forced me to live here so I live by the Japanese law.

I never thought of the issue from that point of view. You're right, and I agree. No one forced those illegal to come to the US. And, if they do, they should abide by local laws. That's just seems fair, to me.

I never thought of the issue from that point of view. You're right, and I agree. No one forced those illegal to come to the US. And, if they do, they should abide by local laws. That's just seems fair, to me.

If you illegally went to Mexico all hell would break loose with the Federale's. They mean business.

What are you suggesting? That the police should also pull over all blond haired blue eyed people who look like they are of Scandinavian descent to deal with the huge influx of illegal aliens from Mexico who are jumping the border? What is the wrong for which you are complaining?
I was just trying to get a sense of what this law is about. After reading this entire thread, I have a different perspective now than before.

Well I can't speak for America - I can speak for my situation here in Japan.
No two countries have the exact same immigration issues, its very difficult to compare one with the other and it usually results with all sorts of completely incorrect information.
Spanish is part of this nation, you cant separate the two.
Spanish speaking nations owned large swaths of this country for hundreds of years. Many our states, cities, and streets owe their names to Spanish, hell our continent even.
Generations upon generations of Spanish speakers have lived in this land for centuries, going back to before English made it west of the Mississippi.
Spanish is ingrained here. Its part of what America is... you cant really fight that.

Its a reality that you cant ignore. No matter how much people want to pretend otherwise.

If you illegally went to Mexico all hell would break look with the Federale's. They mean business.
Ive been to Mexico illegally a bunch of times.
I have never gotten a visa to go to Mexico, i just get in my car and drive over the border.
Nobody has asked me for my papers... although i was detained once entering the US after a trip down in Baja. I had my college ID, bank ATM card, credit cards, and all sorts of other things in my wallet except my ID which i had lost over there. Still had to sit there for hours while they verified i was really a US citizen. Next time ill just make sure to have my Birth Certificate with me, like Obama :D

FYI... Texas was settled by German immigrants when it was part of Mexico.
In fact German, Dutch, and French culture is very prevalent in Mexico.
German specially, you will find a bunch of towns in Mexico that still retain their Germanic roots.
A side of my family is from the town of El Recodo near Mazatlan. The town is in hill country and is a little away from most other towns. If you ever visit there you would think that you landed in Adolf Hitlers wet dream.
Its all blond/blue eyed white kids running around. When i first got there and all these little nearly transparent kids came to greet me the first thought that popped into my head was the Children of the Corn.
That town is very German. Its also the birthplace of that oompa oompa music that plays out of mexican cars that white people generally find annoying.
The irony of course is that the music was created by Germans who brought over their traditional songs to Mexico.
In fact most Mexican music is Germanic in origin... as is their beer and a lot of their food practices.

I know plenty of very white looking Mexicans. Even more are South Americans who come from countries that had much more restrictive caste systems that did not allow the interbreeding of the Euro stock with that of the local natives.

Going strictly by color is patently racist against a certain type of mexican.
That would be like cops deciding that they will pull over black people more than whites because blacks statistically commit more crimes than whites percentage wise. That would be patently offensive and illegal. (yet it goes on every day with tacit approval who would like it to be official approval)
The only reason to target brown hispanics would be statistics, and if you do that... then blacks will be next to be legally targeted.

Seems a little extreme, to me. Have to show my passport when I get pulled over? What if the cops all target minority? Hmm. What do you guys think?

Before you judge Arizona's law - read Mexico's law about "illegals"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/03/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/

As for the "law", are you not required to have a driver's license? What a concept........
The law never said you needed to carry a passport, only that your residency would be checked (along with everything else a cop does when he goes back to his patrol car) AFTER you got stopped for something unlawful.

What local laws dont they abide by?

Before you judge Arizona's law - read Mexico's law about "illegals"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/03/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/

As for the "law", are you not required to have a driver's license? What a concept........
The law never said you needed to carry a passport, only that your residency would be checked (along with everything else a cop does when he goes back to his patrol car) AFTER you got stopped for something unlawful.
Luckily im not a Mexican citizen, but an American.
I dont judge my laws in comparison with lesser nations.
I judge my countries laws on their own merits, and against the constitution.

FYI... Texas was settled by German immigrants when it was part of Mexico.
In fact German, Dutch, and French culture is very prevalent in Mexico.
German specially, you will find a bunch of towns in Mexico that still retain their Germanic roots.
A side of my family is from the town of El Recodo near Mazatlan. The town is in hill country and is a little away from most other towns. If you ever visit there you would think that you landed in Adolf Hitlers wet dream.
Its all blond/blue eyed white kids running around. When i first got there and all these little nearly transparent kids came to greet me the first thought that popped into my head was the Children of the Corn.
That town is very German. Its also the birthplace of that oompa oompa music that plays out of mexican cars that white people generally find annoying.
The irony of course is that the music was created by Germans who brought over their traditional songs to Mexico.
In fact most Mexican music is Germanic in origin... as is their beer and a lot of their food practices.

I know plenty of very white looking Mexicans. Even more are South Americans who come from countries that had much more restrictive caste systems that did not allow the interbreeding of the Euro stock with that of the local natives.

Going strictly by color is patently racist against a certain type of mexican.
That would be like cops deciding that they will pull over black people more than whites because blacks statistically commit more crimes than whites percentage wise. That would be patently offensive and illegal. (yet it goes on every day with tacit approval who would like it to be official approval)
The only reason to target brown hispanics would be statistics, and if you do that... then blacks will be next to be legally targeted.

You started to lose me when you began to cite your fact patterns from the "Children of the Corn" movie. Suffice it to say, I am confident that I know a bit more about blond haired blue eyed Spanish speaking people than you do. They are a small minority in Central and South America. Blond hair and blue eyes is a recessive genetic trait in general and even less so in countries where the dominant features are darker skin, darker eyes, darker hair and a common build -- whether or not there has been some migration from other places. Just because one village has a disproportionate number of Europeans living there in no way means that suddenly 40% of Mexicans now have blond hair and blue eyes and the entire culture now revolves around Germanic custom. Have you been to Mexico? Perhaps I am uninformed and most of Mexico is currently celebrating Oktoberfest, drinking German beer and dancing polkas while yodeling around the wonders of Yucatan, enjoying the sun bleaching their hair a golden blonde.

Perhaps in 50-100 years when our world becomes even smaller with air travel we might see more of a mixture of cultures in countries around the world. But that isn't the case now. I know dozens of Americans living in China and Japan. I've also seen the movie "Lost In Translation" which features plenty of white people in Japan. So what? If a sample of 2,000 people arrived here by boat from Japan, are they just as likely to have traditional Asian features as they'd be 6 feet tall and look Nordic? I think not and that's a bet almost anyone would be willing to take, as I would bet that 7 out of 10 people will surely not be blonde haired blue eyed Mexicans.

The police and citizens of AZ and the US have a problem. They don't have the time and money to stop everyone. They must make educated guesses. Nobody is arresting black people because statistics say they commit more crimes (your words.) In fact, nobody is arresting anyone. People who appear to share the same features, makeup and coloring as most people in Mexico are simply asked to produce identification. Is producing ID a problem? I do the same when I go into my local bodega to buy German beer... Now if the drug cartels start asking your Nordic family members living in Mazatlan to carry drugs to evade suspicion and the police discover this, then yes, perhaps it may be time to expand the scope of people whom are asked for ID.

I am sure that I know more about blond haired blue eyed Spanish speaking people than you do. They are significantly a minority in Central and South America...
Its silly to try to compare who knows more about what on the internet, if thats your bag, go for it.
And either you didnt understand my Children of the Corn reference, or you are trying to make light of the sentiment behind it.
Im not sure you understand the make up of a lot of Latin America, its not nearly all native american looking people.
Most people in Mexico are European mixed with Native American. Most of them end up with an olive complexion, similar to Italians to a tan complexion similar to Lebanese.
Of course most people you see doing the real hard work like cleaning out cow stalls, landscaping, picking strawberries, etc... are going to be the poorest of the poor. And those generally tend to be people of more native heritage.
But then those guys arent the problem, right?
These real dirt poor native american types who cross the border are the hardest working people you will ever see.
The drug runners live in northern mexico, and northern mexico is mostly mestizo with a heavily european heritage. Durango, Sinaloa, Sonora, etc... people from those states are white.

And yes, you seemingly are uninformed about Mexico.
Their music IS Germanic, and those Mexican beers Americans like to drink so much were actually created by German/Swiss/Bavarian/Austrian brewers who arrived in Mexico in the 16th century.
Mexico even had an Austrian emperor from the German Hapsburg family.

And yes, the are out there listening to polka, because if you listen carefully you might notice that regional Mexican music is all polka. Northern Mexican culture is influenced mostly by Germanic culture.
The Germanization of Mexico is not a myth man... and trying to deny it is pretty silly.

No two countries have the exact same immigration issues, its very difficult to compare one with the other and it usually results with all sorts of completely incorrect information.
Spanish is part of this nation, you cant separate the two.
Spanish speaking nations owned large swaths of this country for hundreds of years. Many our states, cities, and streets owe their names to Spanish, hell our continent even.
Generations upon generations of Spanish speakers have lived in this land for centuries, going back to before English made it west of the Mississippi.
Spanish is ingrained here. Its part of what America is... you cant really fight that.

Its a reality that you cant ignore. No matter how much people want to pretend otherwise.

You could also ask the native american indians if they feel the same way huh? If you really want to be picky about it, that is what America was before it was named by the Europeans. So can the native indians get their land back, speak their mother tongue and make you guys get out just because they were there for thousands of years before the Spanish landed there and they still remain there to this day? Same argument, different perspective.

Even if you ignore that argument you are practically saying that you think that every Spaniard in the world is entitled to live in America illegally without paying taxes and be above the law just because there are Spanish people living there now.

You could also ask the native american indians if they feel the same way huh? If you really want to be picky about it, that is what America was before it was named by the Europeans. So can the native indians get their land back, speak their mother tongue and make you guys get out just because they were there for thousands of years before the Spanish landed there and they still remain there to this day? Same argument, different perspective.

Even if you ignore that argument you are practically saying that you think that every Spaniard in the world is entitled to live in America illegally without paying taxes and be above the law just because there are Spanish people living there now.
Im not saying any of that at all.
In fact ive always supported strong immigration reform, including tightening up the border and making sure we dont let criminals in. What im not in favor of is racially targeting people without just cause. Simply being brown and poor should not be what fits the description of an illegal immigrant.

As far as the Native Americans, im all for them getting their due, ill be the first one to admit that our country engaged in ethnic cleansing in order to further its Manifest Destiny. It was a horrible thing.
But werent we just talking about the poor brown Mexicans who come to this country and do the worst kinds of jobs possible? In case people dont really know... those are native americans too.
Its funny because in this country we dont really consider the various indian tribes south of the border as being part of the "Native Americans" group, but they most rightfully are.
In fact there is very little that separates most western and southern Native Americans from the Mexican natives. The languages of the Comanche, Shoshone, the Utes, and most of those other great indian tribes are derived from Nahuatl, which was the language of the Aztecs tribes.
And the culture of the other major non Nahuatl speaking tribes (namely the Apache/Navajo), was based very much on the Aztecan culture of Mexico.
Funnier still is the Aztecan mythology which states that the Aztecs originally came from somewhere deep into North America.

So yeah, the Native Americans are very much part of the Mexican and American heritage.
As are the Irish, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, and English settlers that eventually came here.
I know i have some native american blood, i have no proof, but the statistical probability is pretty high being that i come from two Latin American born parents of different countries.
And im just as happy with that part of who i am with the European part of who i am.

What sometimes people fail to see is that America at its very essence is a land that belongs to no one race of people. Whenever i hear about "American Exceptionalism" i dont think that we are perfect and can never do anything wrong.
No, i think of the fact that this country is a miracle just in its existence.
That its a country created by immigrants, for immigrants, with freedom, without castes, without tyranny, and with democracy.
Its not always perfect, and we have weird **** pop up every once in a while... but as a whole we have something that no other nation has.
We shouldnt be trying to destroy that, and be just like all the other petty nations who are so scared with protection their culture and what not.
Newsflash... the culture of America is that we can pick and chose any and all cultures we like and then transform them into whatever we want.
Race does not define our culture, that is why we are the cultural leaders of the world.

Its silly to try to compare who knows more about what on the internet, if thats your bag, go for it.
Im not sure you understand the make up of a lot of Latin America, its not nearly all native american looking people.
Most people in Mexico are European mixed with Native American. Most of them end up with an olive complexion, similar to Italians to a tan complexion similar to Lebanese.
(a) I've been there and to South America
(b) My family members who fit the above description I gave aren't distant. ;)

Now using what you're telling me, since "most people in Mexico" end up with olive complexion that is similar to Italians and a tan complexion similar to Lebanese, it would seem that such information would be useful in identifying what most people in Mexico might look like. In other words, you've just proved my point and conceded that "most of them" don't have blond hair and blue eyes and look Nordic. My only point is that there are still ways to make educated guesses (in addition to dress) that would lead to better conclusions if we don't have much else to make decisions at a time of need...

Of course most people you see doing the real hard work like cleaning out cow stalls, landscaping, picking strawberries, etc... are going to be the poorest of the poor. And those generally tend to be people of more native heritage.
But then those guys arent the problem, right?
It seems as though any time someone tries to identify a group coming from a certain place by appearance, you're injecting negative inferences. Neither I nor anyone else is doing so.

And yes, you seemingly are uninformed about Mexico.
I could know nothing about Mexico and we can still come to the same conclusion. What you are talking about are exceptions to the general rule. But let's look at the actual issues, not a dissertation on the indigenous people of Mexico.

(a) You still haven't answered the question about what the big deal is about asking someone to present proper ID. All you've done is attempt to show me that somehow I have no idea about what most Mexicans may look like in general (all I said is that most do not look Nordic with blond hair and blue eyes) and that coming to a similar conclusion you are means that it's the equivalent of arresting people and denying them liberty due to their crime statistics (nobody said any such thing.) All I've said is the police are relying upon best available information to ask a question, and appearance can also include dress and hearing an accent. No accusations. Show your ID. If I got asked politely, I'd do the same and understand the nature of the problem at hand.

(b) You still haven't answered the question about what to do about the problem - although everyone can protest about issues they have. Since the police cannot stop everyone and there is finite time, what do you propose? Play European music and make loud inquiries in German and see who looks like they respond positively? If it works and identifies more people who are likely to have jumped the border illegally, go for it so long as no one's life and liberty are impeded.

(a) I've been there and to South America
(b) My family members who fit the above description I gave aren't distant. ;)

Now using what you're telling me, since "most people in Mexico" end up with olive complexion that is similar to Italians and a tan complexion similar to Lebanese, it would seem that such information would be useful in identifying what most people in Mexico might look like. In other words, you've just proved my point and conceded that "most of them" don't have blond hair and blue eyes and look Nordic. My only point is that there are still ways to make educated guesses (in addition to dress) that would lead to better conclusions if we don't have much else to make decisions at a time of need...

It seems as though any time someone tries to identify a group coming from a certain place by appearance, you're injecting negative inferences. Neither I nor anyone else is doing so.

I could know nothing about Mexico and we can still come to the same conclusion. What you are talking about are exceptions to the general rule. But let's look at the actual issues, not a dissertation on the indigenous people of Mexico.

(a) You still haven't answered the question about what the big deal is about asking someone to present proper ID. All you've done is attempt to show me that somehow I have no idea about what most Mexicans may look like in general (all I said is that most do not look Nordic with blond hair and blue eyes) and that coming to a similar conclusion you are means that it's the equivalent of arresting people and denying them liberty due to their crime statistics (nobody said any such thing.) All I've said is the police are relying upon best available information to ask a question, and appearance can also include dress and hearing an accent. No accusations. Show your ID. If I got asked politely, I'd do the same and understand the nature of the problem at hand.

(b) You still haven't answered the question about what to do about the problem - although everyone can protest about issues they have. Since the police cannot stop everyone and there is finite time, what do you propose? Play European music and make loud inquiries in German and see who looks like they respond positively? If it works and identifies more people who are likely to have jumped the border illegally, go for it so long as no one's life and liberty are impeded.

Because its racism duh! So far thats the only answer I hear from people.

Ok fine. Lets break it down to the bare facts.

SB1070 was not written or introduced by Jan Brewer.
It was introduced by Russel Pierce, who has in the past sent out emails dismissing the holocaust, talking about the Jewish control of america, and has attended neo nazi rallies (there are pictures) and taking money from white supremacist groups.
A legal organization named FAIR helped write the legislation, they exist only to sue state and local governments for their various immigration policies.
FAIR is mostly funded by the Pioneer Fund, which since the mid 1930's has been advancing the case of eugenics and racial superiority in the US. Most of their published work has been nearly directly lifted from work done by the Nazis.
They are the ones who recently came out with a study that says that those of European stock are smarter and better equipped for modern life as well as more evolved than Jews, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc...
The founder of FAIR has a long track record of being a not so closeted white supremacist.
You can google for his comments on race, as well as everyone else i mentioned in order to prove things for yourself.

Jan Brewer likes to say that the law was created because the Federal Government refuses to reform its immigration policy. Technically this is true... but its not for lack of trying.
Democrat and Republican administrations have both tried to reform immigration, but both have been stopped by southern senators who do not want to upset their big business donors.
Bush most recently tried, but was squashed by his own party who is beholden to these businesses.
Every time immigration reform is brought up, it ends up being squashed by the same people who then go and complain about immigrants.
Its a self sustaining cycle.

Now that we know where the law came from and what the motivation behind it was... lets look at what it does.

Here is an email from the guy at FAIR who helped write the language to state senator Russell Pierce...
kobachemail.jpg

The point of this is not to stop immigration, its nothing more than a witch hunt against a group considered to be of lower class.
Similar to what has been done to the Jews in many other parts of the world.
Harass them enough so they leave. Thats what they did to blacks as well after they won their freedom.
This use of police to harass a group of people goes against our principles.
The law gives the police the right to interpret for himself who or what is suspicious of illegal immigration.

The myth is that you will only be suspected if you commit a crime, but that is not true at all.
If you have your car up in blocks and are brown... you are a suspect. If you dont have your lawn properly cut... you are a suspect. If you have something hanging from your rearview mirror... you are a suspect.
Hell, you dont even have to be in any of these violations to be a suspect for illegal immigrant status.
You just have to be suspected of any of the myriad mostly obscure road/home/personal/pet/etc... code violations in order to then give the cop the right to demand you show your papers.

A cop can come to your home, tell you that barking was heard from your backyard and that there is no dog license attributed to this address in their database so they need to search to see if you own a dog. Once there though they can forget about the dog as that was just an excuse to have a plausible reason to make contact. Once they make contact they can then force you to show your papers.
You and everyone else in your house.

We have a constitutional right in this country of Reasonable Suspicion.
Police have always skirted with that right, but at least it wasnt with the approval of the legal system.
This law removes reasonable suspicion as a right, and allows police to harass anyone they want for any reason while being legally covered.
That is how a police state begins.

California once had a law against people from Oklahoma coming in and taking our jobs.
It worked. Okies were turned away, gas stations refused to serve cars with OK license plates, etc...
It was then deemed unconstitutional and the law was revoked.
But even then it still worked in some way. For years people of Oklahoma were mistreated in California, viewed down upon, etc...
Eventually they were replaced by the Mexican... but its the same story now in Arizona.

So who is this law trying to stop?
Criminals?
Criminals already have fake documentation up the wazoo.
No self respecting drug smuggler is going to be caught without a 100% real DMV issued drivers license which is also 100% illegally issued.
You can buy them for anything from 40 bucks to a few hundred, depending on the state. Just go down to your cities main park. Im sure you can bump into someone selling them if you know where to look.

So who are you going to be busting?
Hard working immigrants who are so straight laced they dont even want to buy fake documents for fear of being caught breaking the law.
Great, they are illegal immigrants, woohoo. But have you really done anything to alleviate the problem of drugs and violence?

I have a bunch of family from El Salvador, all of them were given amnesty by Ronald Reagan, none were given permanent residency papers, just amnesty. Over the years most have become residents and even citizens... but not all, specially the now adult children of those who came here in the 80's.
They all buy their documents at MacArthur park every year, and they work, pay taxes, have families, and live productive lives. But i know some of my older uncles who have never had a piece of US identification in their lives.
They have been here 30 years, were given amnesty by the president... what would they show if a cop asked them for papers?
And btw, from experience i know that a cop can keep you up in city jail for a day or two during which he looks for your "lost" identification information.

I was told i fit the description of a criminal they were looking for, i had no ID with me as i was coming from playing basketball at the park and dont like to get my wallet stolen or play with it in my shorts... since i did not have my ID i was put in handcuffs and taken in.
The police could not find my fingerprints in the county database, which was odd since i had previously worked for the county and a couple of school districts, which require fingerprinting prior to being hired. Plus, i had been fingerprinted by cops in that same city in the past.
So it was ********. They just wanted to keep me there for a while.
7 hours later i was released.

Now this is in "liberal" California, this is with the right to reasonable suspicion in place, and stuff like this still happens. Imagine if SB1070 was the law of the land... we would need more jails. Hmmm, well maybe thats the point after all?

Someone asked what i would do?
Simple.
Fight crime, fight drugs, fight further illegal immigration and make legal immigration a more open and less corrupt proposition. Do not target people who are already here and have been here for who knows how many years. Removing the millions of illegal immigrants would be completely impossible. There is no way it can be done logistically without employing Nazi type programs.

Blocking further illegal immigration as well as drug and terrorist smuggling.
  • Train national guard or other military coming home from policing Iraqi and Afghan cities in the skills needed to police the border between the US and Mexico.
  • Create mobile forward bases that serve as checkpoints for military personnel, these bases of operations would each be their own squad, and each squad would then be deployed to different parts of the terrain in order to keep smugglers guessing.
  • Each mobile base would consist of an operations truck/mobile command center outfitted with heat signature detecting technology that could intelligently track the movement of a humanoid and differentiate it from the movement patterns of animals.
  • The bases would have 1 intelligence officer inside and a gunner seated in a turret at the top of the base. The rest of the squad would consist of a group of soldiers in ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Jeeps, or even Humvees.
  • Soldiers would be equipped with non lethal primary weapons to be used with unarmed illegal immigrants, and lethal secondary weapons in the case of meeting up with a drug smuggler.
Eliminate border crime.
  • Decriminalize Marijuana, that is still the major cash crop for drug smugglers, it accounts for 70% of their profit and it funds their ability to even be in the cocaine and heroin business.
  • Removing the main source of funding for these cartels will cripple their power. Make it difficult for them to attract the poor young disaffected youth of Mexico, and allow them less cash to bribe Mexican officials. While it wont completely stop the cartels, it will at the very least cut them down to half their size. And thats a big win for us.
  • Deport any and all illegals who commit violent crime. If you rape, murder, rob, batter, etc... you get deported and your name goes up on a ICE watchlist for people not allowed to be in this country. This goes for gang related crime as well. Petty youth stuff doesnt have to be included here, but if you are an adult who admits to being a member of a gang and has the tattoos to prove it... you are deported, end of story.
Comprehensively fix the problem of having millions of undocumented illegal aliens.
  • Require all immigrants to register in a national immigrant database. All those that register will receive automatic temporary work permits, Taxpayer ID's, and other paperwork that allows them to live and work in the US in compliance with all laws. Those who do not register will be considered illegal and subject to seizure and deportation. Impose a cutoff date that is widely advertised so all illegals know that anyone who fails to register by such and such date will not be eligible for the new amnesty program.
  • Immigration officials will then go through the national immigrant database and cross reference each name with arrest records, gang databases, and other red flags of criminality. Those who show up in these databases would pass on to further review and interviews. This would consist of the first step in culling the database for deportation.
  • After a person has been in the program for a year they would be eligible to become legal US Residents and given a roadmap towards citizenship.
  • To receive Resident status they must show to have been employed regularly for a certain period of time, to not have any outstanding criminal issues, and otherwise be upstanding members of society.
  • Those who do not meet these requirements would then be given 90 days to leave the country willingly and without being put on the federal ICE watchlist, or be deported by force and put on the list.
Other reforms...
  • Limit welfare access to illegals. Folks who come here need to get a job, thats why they came here after all right, for the ability to have a job that does not exist for them in their home country.
  • Impose strong federal laws that punish employers who hire people without a valid work permit or legal resident status. This needs to go way further than the slap on the wrist currently employed.
  • Simplify the LEGAL immigration process in other countries by having prospective immigrants deal with US officials directly, and not through the corrupt local governments who make it impossible for the powerless to get a visa. With a better system of border protection, of monitoring the immigrants already here, and with the expulsion of criminals and leechers... we would then be able to allow more legal immigration to those who put in the correct paperwork and register with our immigration program before even stepping foot in the US.
  • Deny citizenship to any child born to an immigrant who has not registered in the database and does not provide proof of being in the country for at least a year.
  • If the woman is deemed illegal and is deported with a child who is deemed a legal US citizen, then the baby can either become a ward of the state or the mother can choose to take her baby with her and raise him in Mexico.
  • The child will still be a US citizen living abroad, but his mother cannot be given legal status automatically simply for having a citizen child. Instead the mother would have to go to her country of origin and apply for legal Resident status like everybody else. With the exception that her having a US Citizen for a child would flag her case in order for it to be expedited. The goal being to give the mother ample opportunity to legally enter and live in the US by the time the child is ready for preschool. Allowing the child to grow up as an American.

Top Bottom