Show your support for the dev's - what do you like about XenForo?

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Of late there has been a lot of criticism and complaints about various features of XenForo.

I have been as guilty of this as anyone so now's the time to put that right.

Post here about what you like (love?) about XenForo and let's show Kier and Mike our appreciation and give them our support for all their hard work.

It's easy to sit on the other side of the screen criticising stuff we don't like or don't agree with, without appreciating the time, effort and consideration which has gone into it.

I like:

The simple, clean, uncluttered look and feel.
The ajax loading which does away with the need for page refreshes.
The "Likes" system.
Followers/News Feeds - like Twitter but better
Personal Conversations - like PMs but better
Pages - I already have loads of ideas for this feature on my site
All the other little touches which just add up to make XenForo unique

Members are pretty enthusiastic about XenForo, and I certainly do not grow tired of reading these kinds of threads.

There is no better way to show Mike and Kier how much the community appreciates the hard work and twenty hour days they are putting in to make XF the best forum solution available. :)

These types of threads validate each point members have made throughout this thread, and simular ones. :)

Members are pretty enthusiastic about XenForo, and I certainly do not grow tired of reading these kinds of threads.

There is no better way to show Mike and Kier how much the community appreciates the hard work and twenty hour days they are putting in to make XF the best forum solution available. :)

These types of threads validate each point members have made throughout this thread, and simular ones. :)

I agree, I think they could be merged actually.

Maybe it's just me, and I like things to me organised as such, but like Floris, I think they could be merged.

I can think of much better ways to show gratitude, that don't involve creating more and more threads that just makes more things for Kier and Mike to read... I totally agree with Floris, I think that all of these threads should be merged. It will then be more efficient for Kier and Mike and a lot less annoying for the general community.

Once xenForo goes on sale that is when we will all show how much we appreciate the work by parting with our hard earned money.

Regarding the multiple suggestions of merging threads, there are literally hundreds of bug/suggestion threads the devs have to stare at. While technically all threads of a positive nature could be merged, I would think seeing a few positive threads show up occasionally might remind them of how much the product is appreciated the way it is.

I keep finding more awesome features!

Regarding the multiple suggestions of merging threads, there are literally hundreds of bug/suggestion threads the devs have to stare at. While technically all threads of a positive nature could be merged, I would think seeing a few positive threads show up occasionally might remind them of how much the product is appreciated the way it is.

Exactly, :)

IMO, not a time to start curbing enthusiasm, it's infectious, :)

I know when this product is released there will be a lot of new members starting their own threads just to say: Wow!

And the last thing I want to happen is for us to say: thanks, now post over here, thread locked! I rather reply with: thanks, it is fantastic isn't it?

Top Bottom