1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like my logo?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by random, Sep 24, 2010.

1. random

random Active Member

Hello,

I have just launched a new project. It's a peruvian hardware related site (like Tom's Hardware and AnandTech). I'd like to know if you like my logo. Also, does the logo represent for you a "peruvian site" and a "hardware related site"?

Site: http://www.peruhardware.net

Thank you,
    Jonathan

Dragonfly, Abomination and CFodder like this.
  2. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

I like it looks simple and clean and conveys the theme in my opinion :)

3. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Looks good if you ask me :)

4. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

I like the type and color scheme, the logo however is not unique, dig a bit more for something more original

5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit too big and could use some fine-tuning (gradients).

6. random

random Active Member

Thanks for your comments guys, I'd like to hear more opinions from more people too!

Are you talking about the graphic or the text?

7. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Both, but the graphic more than the text.

8. random

random Active Member

I'll talk with my designer about that. Thanks.

More comments will be appreciated!

9. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Looks very nice IMO, also like the overall 'clean' look of the site as whole too :).

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Jonathan, you can tell he used stock art in developing your logo for you. Which while is no crime, makes it like everyone else. 

11. Sherri

Sherri Active Member

I think it's perfect. Sleek, simple & professional.
    It goes well with the theme of the site too. :)

12. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I think it looks very nice and clean, although the red is a bit too bright on my screen.

13. Floris

Floris Guest

Yeah, I like the logo, great typography too. The font is just a bit too thick.
    7 out of 10, and better than a LOOOOT of site logos that are custom. Thumbsup.

14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I wish I could achieve something even half as good as that.

I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to graphics so I will more than likely need to pay someone to do the new logo when we switch to XF.

15. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Well, watch for the new design houses opening up. :) 

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

This. As usual, I agree with Brogan.

17. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

I'm useless with them as well, luckily one of the guys on our forums is quite good with that side of it and has done us a nice updated version of our logo. Was gonna use it when we went live with the VB4 site, but now it's saved for the XF one :)

18. Decado

Decado Active Member

Reminds me of a logo i saw in a game, though for the life of me i can't remember which!

Regardless, I like it. Clean, uncluttered, recognisable. As some people have said it seems to use stock art, but if it works that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

19. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Not too bad, there is certainly nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't actually grab me personally. I agree with the previous posters about the stock art .. it does look pretty much like a standard "tools" logo - but it is not bad or anything, just a little dull, not too big, not too small, works OK for your site if not wildly original :)

20. random

random Active Member

Hello guys,

I went ahead and sligthly reduced the size of both the graphic and the text as per your suggestions. Hope it looks better now. What do you think? (a) Yes, looks better (b) I can't see the difference (c) Now it looks bad.

My users are providing feedback about the logo and are saying that they don't see anything hardware related on the logo. In fact, I can't remember when I have used that tool while working with my PC. They are saying that the logo suits more to a mechanical site than a hardware site. Do you agree with that statement?

Thank you,
    Jonathan