Do you like my logo?

Hello,
I have just launched a new project. It's a peruvian hardware related site (like Tom's Hardware and AnandTech). I'd like to know if you like my logo. Also, does the logo represent for you a "peruvian site" and a "hardware related site"?

I like it looks simple and clean and conveys the theme in my opinion :-)

I like the type and color scheme, the logo however is not unique, dig a bit more for something more original

Jonathan, you can tell he used stock art in developing your logo for you. Which while is no crime, makes it like everyone else. 

Yeah, I like the logo, great typography too. The font is just a bit too thick.
7 out of 10, and better than a LOOOOT of site logos that are custom. Thumbsup.

I wish I could achieve something even half as good as that.

I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to graphics so I will more than likely need to pay someone to do the new logo when we switch to XF.

I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to graphics so I will more than likely need to pay someone to do the new logo when we switch to XF.
Well, watch for the new design houses opening up. :) 

This. As usual, I agree with Brogan.

I'm useless with them as well, luckily one of the guys on our forums is quite good with that side of it and has done us a nice updated version of our logo. Was gonna use it when we went live with the VB4 site, but now it's saved for the XF one :)

Reminds me of a logo i saw in a game, though for the life of me i can't remember which!

Regardless, I like it. Clean, uncluttered, recognisable. As some people have said it seems to use stock art, but if it works that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Not too bad, there is certainly nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't actually grab me personally. I agree with the previous posters about the stock art .. it does look pretty much like a standard "tools" logo - but it is not bad or anything, just a little dull, not too big, not too small, works OK for your site if not wildly original :)

Hello guys,

I went ahead and sligthly reduced the size of both the graphic and the text as per your suggestions. Hope it looks better now. What do you think? (a) Yes, looks better (b) I can't see the difference (c) Now it looks bad.

My users are providing feedback about the logo and are saying that they don't see anything hardware related on the logo. In fact, I can't remember when I have used that tool while working with my PC. They are saying that the logo suits more to a mechanical site than a hardware site. Do you agree with that statement?

Thank you,
Jonathan

Top Bottom