Do you have a smartphone?

Do you have a smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Puntocom

Personally I hate them so I don't have one.

"I don't have a cell phone. I won't carry a cell phone," says Stallman, founder of the free software movement and creator of the GNU operating system. "It's Stalin's dream. Cell phones are tools of Big Brother. I'm not going to carry a tracking device that records where I go all the time, and I'm not going to carry a surveillance device that can be turned on to eavesdrop."

Are you going to any illegal places where it may cause you harm is anyone found out that you are there? Aren't you afraid that by using the Internet, they already know where you are? :)

I live in a country with the largest number of CCTV cameras trained on the public so my movements and my car journeys are already recorded.

My ISP (and anyone's servers I access whilst online) can record my IP address and gather data about my Internet usage.

My phone provider records all my call details and tracks which cells I am in range of.

My bank records all my incoming and outgoing transactions, as well as all the spending I do on my debit cards.

My credit card company records (and analyses) my shopping.

PayPal has information about me and records transactions related to my account.

My employer submits all my income and tax data electronically to H.M. Revenue & Customs, who then store it all for reference and analysis.

My car GPS device can be tracked from space (should anyone really wish to).

So ........... am I worried about my smartphone not being as private as I'd like?

Am I hell ... it plays Angry Birds. Nuff said!!! :ROFLMAO:

I don't have a smartphone, I just played it on my brother's at Xmas.

I've only just upgraded to a colour screen :LOL:

I have 2 smartphones, and a dumbphone.

I generally use the dumbphone unless I'm travelling long distances where a netbook/laptop wouldn't be easy to use as a smartphone tends to distract me more than a computer.

Top Bottom