Do you have to buy the copy every time?

Threads of this nature would benefit if the default state was 'sort by vote'. Negative votes given for incorrect or misleading information would soon sink to the bottom of the pile.

Or the first to respond could just refer them to point 1 of the FAQ ...

Threads of this nature would benefit if the default state was 'sort by vote'. Negative votes given for incorrect or misleading information would soon sink to the bottom of the pile.
IMO it's better that they are just left to xenForo admins/mods to reply. Yes (hands up) I respond but only because there was obvious misleading information.

I read all the replies but I still don't feel convinced there is a clear response about how extensions work in this thread itself.

do you have to buy the copy every time xenforo when a new version appears?

No, you do not. You purchase the license (self-hosted version currently $195) and you get updates and support for 1 year.

When you need another year of updates and support, you purchase a license extension which is priced less (currently $75).

Your forum can continue running undisturbed without updates and support, and you may purchase a license extension for updates and support whenever you wish.

Top Bottom