The current prices are listed on the purchase page. Once purchased, a license can be used indefinitely for no additional cost; it is not necessary to renew it annually.
Included with the initial purchase are 12 months of support and updates. After that time, you can continue to use the license but in order to download newer versions and benefit from ticket support, a 1 year extension would have to be purchased. Extension cost depends on whether any official add-ons are attached to the license - the current costs are listed here.
2. Are there any discounts available?
Yes, discounts are available with three or more licenses.
3. Is there a demo available?
Yes, you can request a free, online demo.
4. How can I check if my host supports XenForo?
The server requirements and a test script are available on the purchase page. The script will confirm that your server meets the PHP requirements; you will need to confirm the MySQL version independently. Please note that MySQLi is required. If your server does not meet all the requirements, you must contact your host.
5. How many installations can I make with a single license?
Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.
6. Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.
7. Can I purchase official add-ons at a later date?
Yes, official add-ons can be purchased at any time.
8. Do I need to enter the domain URL of where I intend to install the forum when I download the software?
Licenses should always be up to date with the domain where the software is installed.
If you don't currently have a domain or don't intend to install it at this time, you can use localhost/127.0.0.1.
9. Can I change the domain or URL where the software is installed?
Yes, as long as you remove the original installation before installing it elsewhere. Ensure you update your account details in your Customer area.
10. Which importers/converters are available?
The following official importers are built in to the software.
Note that the the greyed out items are able to be imported but they are dependent on previous steps being run first. The Import Users step for example can only be run once the Import User Groups and Import Custom User Fields steps have been run.
vBulletin 3.6 | vBulletin 3.7/3.8 | vBulletin 4.x
IP.Board 3.1 | IP.Board 3.2/3.3 | IP.Board 3.4 | IP.Board 4.0/4.1
phpBB 3.0.x | phpBB 3.1.x
There are also several unofficial importers available as add-ons from the Resource Manager.
11. How can I convert my forum to XenForo if an importer doesn't exist?
You can convert to a compatible version of any supported software first, then use one of the built in importers.
Note that if converting to vBulletin, ImpEx doesn't preserve group permissions, so users will have no permissions when they are imported to vBulletin and that will carry over to XenForo. You should carefully review the permissions of all imported users and user groups, or you can simply delete the imported user groups and any members will default to the Registered user group. Similarly, passwords may also not be preserved.
12. What is imported? What will happen to thread prefixes, albums, blogs, etc.?
Only the content in the steps listed is imported, all other content will be ignored. Refer to the Importing section of the XenForo Manual and the unofficial importers for more information.
13. Will member passwords be lost after importing?
Multiple password schemes are supported, so if the system you are importing from uses a compatible password system, then all existing passwords will continue to work as before. The official importers are supported. Refer to the Importing section of the XenForo Manual for more information.
14. What will happen to the old URLs after importing? Will they continue to work or will I lose traffic?
Various redirection scripts are available here, so all traffic will be automatically redirected, minimizing the impact of migrating. Refer to the Importing section of the XenForo Manual for more information.
Custom rewrites can be requested in the import support forum.
15. What is the Resource Manager?
Refer to this page of the XenForo Manual for a high level explanation.
You can see it in use on our forum here.
16. Is there a CMS, blog or gallery?
There is an official XenForo Media Gallery add-on and new features are being evaluated and added on an ongoing basis.
17. Are there any importers available for the Media Gallery add-on?
The following importers are available:
18. Why can't I post, view or download attachments from the Resource Manager or customer forums.
These forums are restricted to licensed customers only. Up to four forum user names can be associated with each customer account, enabling license owners to grant access for their site staff.
19. I have a license yet I can't post, view or download attachments from the Resource Manager or customer forums.
Ensure you have associated your forum user name with your customer account. It can take up to 10 minutes to process.
20. How can I check whether a customer has a valid license?
Obtain a license validation token from the license owner and enter it here.
Last updated: Tuesday 23 February 2016