Votes: 31 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I've been abducted!

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
I know that's what you believe. I will say as a fact, yes they have.
First hand experience.

lets look at this from an advanced species point of view.

I am an advanced species capable of traveling hundreds, possibly thousands of light years from my home planet. I come to earth and see these weird looking parasites. They have primitive technology and destroy everything they touch. Why would I waste my time with such a disgusting species?

Here is a good video to watch
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, we know Greer did some interesting work early on, but his journey into la-la land has hurt his credibility.

Greer doesn't only provide interesting work 'early on', in fact: one of the most important events on the whole UFO phenomena is nearly there: a film by Steven Greer and Emmy award winning filmmaker Amardeep Kaleka is going to be released in Q1 2013. It's called Sirius and more information can be found here:

http://www.sirius.neverendinglight.com/

I think it's really great so see a person presumably in la-la-land being able to generate a big crowd-fund in no-time to produce this movie with an Emmy award winning filmmaker. The time, effort, persistence, commitment and dedication mr. Greer has put into this subject matter is unheard of. I wish more people would be in the so-called la-la land, 'cause it's going to generate beautiful invaluable things for this (new) world we are living in. Abre los ojos.

I find The Paracast quite interesting to listen to, despite only 58% being actual content: http://hiddenexperience.blogspot.com/2012/07/absurdly-high-percentage-of-advertising.html Gene has some interesting nuggets to share and a rabid fan base. A guy has to earn a living somehow!

Hello Gene, thanks for your reaction.

Trust me, I did read the comments :). And because I did, it became clear to me that sharing a different point of view that is a bit less biased, less prejudiced/judgmental, less negative (as the majority of the commentary is on your forum concerning Mr. van den Broeke) would not be so worthwhile. This discussion we are now having illustrates my point:

Again, I repeat my question: what is evidence? Apparently, testimonials from a person like Nancy Talbott are 'possibly flawed' for you? This is an assumption. Let me ask you this question: what evidence do you have to claim that these testimonials are 'possibly flawed'? What testimonials are you referring to actually? For example, well known Dutch 'media persons' are providing testimonials on Robberts site (and in several valued spiritual magazines in The Netherlands) about the talents of mr. Van den Broeke. Are you assuming they are 'possibly flawed' too? If so, how do you know? In other words: how can you back up such a claims yourself? (You see, discussions like these always turn around in circles and that's why I normally don't see a point in sharing my thoughts on forums like The Paracast on matters like these).

This is your assumption.

It's interesting to see that you keep coming back to the point of evidence in the majority of your postings and then when some evidence is presented to you (and your forum members) by persons like Nancy Talbott and other testimonials about Robert van den Broeke, you judge it as non-evidence/possibly flawed testimonials. I am just wondering: what kind of evidence would help you/work for you, what would classify for you as valid? Obviously, we are not all the same, so differently people need different evidence/confirmation of things indeed. I do believe however, that evidence that is more 'valid' to the majority of people will come soon (see the last bit of this posting).

I respectfully believe it partly is (reading the loaded comments on your forum). But I also can understand you/your forum members need more backup evidence of the 'extreme claims' that are being made.

As said, it is backup up. By lots of testimonials. But you choose to not believe those testimonials. Which is your good right, ofcourse. And you also perfectly have the right to be prejudiced: we all see things through our own filters:

A person like Mr. Van den Broeke can receive help from well known Dutch media persons or people 'in the field' (what's in a name if you think about cropcircles ;) ) to share their testimonials to the world, and as I said before: a person like Mr. Greer can receive help from many military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses who are willing to put their name at risk by even providing evidence in the form of video-taped testimonials. To many people this is evidence enough. But even then there will still be people who will doubt those testimonials and presume it's all flawed. But this is their doubt and judgement projected on it. It doesn't say anything about the testimonials that are given. I wonder, do people really think all those high placed officers just want to have their 15 minutes of fame by sharing what they needed to suppress for so many years (some their whole life)? Do people really think a person like Mr. Van den Broeke publishes all his messages deliberately fake? Apparently so. Just think: why on Earth would he do that? The answer lies here: because, he has indeed a message for... the Earth.

There's no point arguing over it, obviously. People who are able to understand (better: feel) what important roles persons like Steven Greer and Robbert van den Broeke have, will support them. (As illustrated for example by the fact that the Sirius project from Mr. Greer and (Emmy award winning) filmmaker Amardeep Kaleka got crowd funded for 250.000 in no-time: http://www.sirius.neverendinglight.com/)
People who feel differently, will do the opposite and disregard 'anything' that doesn't fit their frame of reality. But it's totally understandable and okay. As I said before:

What I see is a fair amount of prejudice/judgements concerning this subject on your forum, -amongst others- based on the need of more 'real' evidence/investigation (whatever that means for different people). This 'real evidence' is indeed needed -so I understand your point- for the majority of the people to get educated on all this and therefor Disclosure is so essential.

Peace :).

I find The Paracast quite interesting to listen to, despite only 58% being actual content: http://hiddenexperience.blogspot.com/2012/07/absurdly-high-percentage-of-advertising.html Gene has some interesting nuggets to share and a rabid fan base. A guy has to earn a living somehow!
I read the article. As I pointed out there, it's nonsense, total nonsense. Some people just have too much time on their hands I suppose.

As with all networked radio shows in the U.S., and thousands of local shows, we have a consistent amount of ads, roughly 15 minutes per hour. The online versions of our show exclude the five-minute news block and associated ads, so it's a total of two hours and 39 minutes for a three hour show. 39 minutes of that, roughly speaking, consists of ads. Do the math! And the network doesn't let us deliver ad-free versions, even for pay.

Excessive, no. Too many ads -- that's up to you to decide. Normal? Yes, totally. Our network, GCN, follows the same ad schedule as Clear Channel.

If you have doubts, I can copy our network ad schedule here so you can see for yourself.

Gene that certainly sounds reasonable, there is no harm in making money with ads. When I googled The Paracast to learn more about the show, I came across this:

http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com/...erg-shuts-down-alfred-lehmbergs-internet.html

Is this true? Did you shut down someone's Internet? Makes no sense to me, as you sound like an upright and honest man from listening to your podcast. I guess the UFO field is full of nuts trying to bring each other down. The reader comments are especially entertaining.

I guess when you have a show as popular as The Paracast, it brings out all types of characters.

I read the article. As I pointed out there, it's nonsense, total nonsense. Some people just have too much time on their hands I suppose.

As with all networked radio shows in the U.S., and thousands of local shows, we have a consistent amount of ads, roughly 15 minutes per hour. The online versions of our show exclude the five-minute news block and associated ads, so it's a total of two hours and 39 minutes for a three hour show. 39 minutes of that, roughly speaking, consists of ads. Do the math! And the network doesn't let us deliver ad-free versions, even for pay.

Excessive, no. Too many ads -- that's up to you to decide. Normal? Yes, totally. Our network, GCN, follows the same ad schedule as Clear Channel.

If you have doubts, I can copy our network ad schedule here so you can see for yourself.

People make up stories. The fellow who claimed that I shut down his Internet is wacky. I do not possess that authority. What really happened is that he sent me a bunch of insulting letters, and I told him to stop. He didn't, so I complained to his ISP. His ISP evidently suspended his account for a time. Maybe the action was a little extreme; they could have just warned him not to send inflammatory email to people even after they tell him to stop. Perhaps it violated their Terms of Service. At the end of the day, he shut down his Internet because of his own actions.

The real headline, then, would be "Alfred Lehmberg Shuts Down His Own Internet Because He Won't Shut Up!" But he's not worth that much attention and it won't help him get hits for his blog.

As to making money for ads: Here's another dirty little secret. The network makes the money from network ads, local stations make the money from local ads, and I make money only from the ads that I sell (typically those at the first minute of three of the ad breaks each hour). Yes, some radio hosts make lots of money, and some might even get a piece of the action. But I don't.

But I agree that our existence brings out all sorts of characters. They usually spell our names right, but they often have a problem recognizing truth and separating it from fantasy.

And one more thing: When you show these wacky people they are dead wrong, they will hunker down and insist their unproven or disproven silliness is the way and the truth, and continue to ignore the corrections. It's easier to talk to a rock. :)

I also worry as to why some people are obsessed with this silliness, and continue to link to these silly threads about how many commercials we run (when it's no more than thousands of other commercial radio shows in the U.S.), or why some character thinks I have the power to destroy his Internet service in a single bound. If you search for attacks against anybody who is reasonably well known or has been around for a while, you'll find something. But why should anyone care about such nonsense?

In answer to the thread title. UFOs, no. Aliens, yes...physically impossible for there not to be anything/anyone else out there.

In answer to the thread title. UFOs, no. Aliens, yes...physically impossible for there not to be anything/anyone else out there.

Physically impossible? I'd disagree, its perfectly possible life on Earth was a complete one off fluke and we are alone, its certainly not impossible.

Physically impossible? I'd disagree, its perfectly possible life on Earth was a complete one off fluke and we are alone, its certainly not impossible.

Meh. I respect your opinion but disagree. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm right. Sadly I don't think we'll find out in our lifetimes.

Agreed, we both don't know which is why it's not impossible though.

It would be nice if we did found out in our lifetime :)

If you look skyward and there is something flying which you can't identify, then that's an unidentified flying object. So certainly UFOs exist.
It's a poorly phrased poll question because visiting aliens are only a (proposed) subset of UFOs. There is too much difference between them to equate one with the other.
As to whether there are little (grey/)green men who abduct you in the night to probe your anus, well there is no evidence of that, so there is no reason to believe it any more than unicorns, Santa or fairies at the bottom of the garden.
Personally I think people who claim to have been abducted have vivid imaginations and too little knowledge of the scientific method.
It's not surprising that people will make such ridiculous claims when so many people make so many different ridiculous claims (like there being a supernatural invisible friend who made everything in 6 days, for example).

I'm certain there is life elsewhere in the universe as the odds are stacked so much in favour of that particular phenomenon.
And there is most likely intelligent life, I think. Though it will be so far away that we will never know about it.

I_want_to_believe_wallpaper_by_Pencilshade.png

Never understood why people ask "do you believe in UFO's?"
The question is silly, because if you see something in the sky and don't know what it is, then it's a UFO
It could be a plane, bird, balloon or anything

The real question should be, "Do you believe that aliens from another planet, are visiting earth?"
I do believe that to be true, based on the evidence, which if you look hard enough, there's plenty of, especially in the Roswell case.
I mean does the air force really think that the general public would believe that the only unit who had access to and clearance for nuclear bombs, could somehow mistake a balloon made of balsa wood and tin foil, for an alien craft?
First it was a crashed disk, then it was a weather balloon, then it was dummies dropped from a plane, I mean really?
lol

No, the real question is: What are UFOs? Although people have been talking about ET and UFOs since the 1950s, we really cannot say anything for certain other than that a percentage of sightings remain unexpected. They do evince evidence of being structured craft, under intelligent control. They are photographed, they apparently leave traces. But beyond that, it's speculation.

No, the real question is: What are UFOs? Although people have been talking about ET and UFOs since the 1950s, we really cannot say anything for certain other than that a percentage of sightings remain unexpected. They do evince evidence of being structured craft, under intelligent control. They are photographed, they apparently leave traces. But beyond that, it's speculation.

Technically a UFO is anything you see in the sky that you cant identify :)

As it stands until you see a UFO in the sense of it being something obviously very advanced (i.e something flashing moving very, very fast that's clearly not an airplane or helicopter) theres no real proof. Everything you see about UFO's is either very grainy photo, or a very poorly taken video. Neither can really be verified to see if they are faked.

I think its one of those things you have to see with your own eyes. It's too easy in this day and age for people to fake them.

One such example - this took 10 seconds in photoshop:

Original Photo:
London_skyline_2012_large.webp

Modified Photo:
London_skyline_2012_large_modified.webp

Within the next couple of years I think if there is life on Mars (bacterial life) which the latest Mars Laboratory rover has a good chance of finding if there is life whether that is dormant/fossilised/existing life we can assume that the universe is teaming with life. I watch alot of these UFO documentaries and alot of it is pure garbage to be honest from what people are saying, that intelligent civilizations once lived on Mars with regards to rock formation being mistaken for geologically and weathering erosion.

That said, there are some good arguments, but I am personally at the opinion of "Life does exist" in our Universe, heck, even in our Galaxy. As for intelligent life, I think there are many civilizations in our galaxy alone. Have they visited? I personally don't think they have. Has stated previously in this thread I am at the opinion that space is to vast and the distances intelligent life would need to travel would be too great. Then there's the thinking of "if" If intelligent life/civilizations were able to reach our star system they would be far too advanced to gives us a second thought much and look at us as we do at bacterial life.

I am a strong believer of the Copernican principle, we hold no special place in the universe, we're mediocre etc etc and so forth, to believe we are alone is ignorant imo.

With the space program getting some hefty budget cuts it's hard to see when we'll make any progress exploring space, making advancement, answering the fundamental questions we've probably all thought about at sometime in our life.

There is a lot of hooey in the UFO field, and I don't buy into some of the extreme claims about the face on Mars and such. But there's enough there that's worth further investigation. But few talk about possibilities other than ET. You might want to read some of my editorials that are posted on the forum (www.theparacast.com/forum) for some of my ideas on the subject.

There is a lot of hooey in the UFO field, and I don't buy into some of the extreme claims about the face on Mars and such. But there's enough there that's worth further investigation. But few talk about possibilities other than ET. You might want to read some of my editorials that are posted on the forum (www.theparacast.com/forum) for some of my ideas on the subject.

Yeah the face on mars and some of the theories are just borderline madness. Same with the pyramid shape/rock on mars. I forgot the guys name (he bares a beard) in his late 50s/60s and his theories he imposes as fact are pure madness imo. I agree some of the phenomena caught on camera, by astronauts and civilians is worthy of investigation (specifically 2 shuttle missions) forgot which missions they were they are categorised by number when they caught some shapes and one where lights are shooting tin one direction then sharply shooting off in another. There's probably many more worthy of investigation if not to answer phenomena and increase our knowledge .

But with regards to the mars face, its natural for human to make order from chaos whether that is through satellite imagery from mars looking down on the planet or clouds in the sky here on earth . There's always a picture to be found which is constructed by the brain.

That said, the ufo documentaries are very interesting on youtube and I always keep an open mind.

On a somewhat related subject for the search of life. I think some of the design plans NASA had going to Europa is another good step if not to answer the question whether life exists. It's a vastly more difficult mission than the Mars science Laboratory rover. I'm rambling, it's a subject and hobby somewhat of mine this type of discussion *urges self to stop typing* :D

Top Bottom