Votes: 31 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I've been abducted!

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
Aha, since I'm in the UFO business, more or less, I thought I'd add something to the mix.

I've been interested in the subject since I was 11 years of age, a long, long time ago. As the host of The Paracast, a nationally syndicated radio show covering the paranormal, it's been my pleasure to interview experts in the field, and those who have witnessed strange events.

The long and short of it is that, while most UFO sightings are of conventional objects, a small, but sizable portion of those reports represent something that's unknown. Whether it's ET, or something closer to home, I don't know.

But I maintain that it deserves investigation, rather than dismissal.

And in case anyone is wondering: One of our forums has converted to XenForo. The other two, including the one for listeners of The Paracast, will be converted soon, probably after the final release of XF 1.1.

Of course I believe in UFOs, aliens.
They visited us already:
Two aliens landed in the Arizona desert near a gas station that was closed for the night.
They approached one of the gas pumps and the younger alien addressed it saying, “Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace. Take us to your leader.”

The gas pump, of course, didn’t respond. The younger alien became angry at the lack of response. The older alien said, “I’d calm down if I were you.”

The younger alien ignored the warning and repeated his greeting. Again, there was no response.
Annoyed by what he perceived to be the pump’s haughty attitude, he drew his ray gun and said impatiently, “Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace. Do not ignore us this way! Take us to your leader or I will fire!”

The older alien again warned his comrade saying, “You probably don’t want to do that! I really don’t think you should make him mad.”

“Rubbish,” replied the cocky, young alien. He aimed his weapon at the pump and opened fire.
There was a huge explosion. A massive fireball roared towards them and blew the younger alien off his feet and deposited him a burnt, smoking mess about a hundred yards away in a cactus patch.

Half an hour passed. When he finally regained consciousness, he refocused his three eyes, straightened his bent antenna and looked dazedly at the older, wiser alien who was standing over him shaking his big, green head.

“What a ferocious creature!” exclaimed the young, fried alien. “He damn near killed me! How did you know he was so dangerous?”

The older alien leaned over, placed a friendly feeler on his crispy friend and replied, “If there’s one thing I’ve learned during my intergalactic travels, you don’t want to mess with a guy who can wrap his penis around himself twice and then stick it in his ear.”

So no, I don't believe ET has visited us or ever will. We are alone.
ET won't be iPhoning home.

You might be surprised :)...

The proof is out there, you just have to investigate it yourself and avoid the conspiracy idiots/videos.
There's way to many unexplained accounts (witnesses, videos, photos etc) to simply rule out the idea of aliens visiting us, not to mention the famous cases like Rendleshem forest and Roswell.

Exactly.

I would love for a alien piloted UFO to land itself in front of a TV news camera, that would be interesting.

Wait and see... :cool:

And I do hope they will visit us, as mankind is in dire need of a wake-up call. If we're the pinnacle of what intelligent life is supposed to be, it's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Amen.

The question should be 'do you believe that we have been visited by intelligent extraterrestrial species'. My answer to that question is no, there is not sufficient evidence to support that belief.

Here you go:

Disclosure Project - 2001 National Press Club Event

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch the 2 Hour Witness Interview DVD at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOTF7NQlwQ
Watch the 4 Hour Witness Interview DVD Part 1 at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud49Gh9yYLs
Watch the 4 Hour Witness Interview DVD Part 2 at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHAxxRKksQ

If you are interested in investigating this subject matter (as AdamD is advising), then I would suggest to you to watch the materials by Dr. Steven Greer that can be found on YouTube. More information can be found here: http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Pointing to some obscure event / club is not proving a single thing. It does not quality as evidence for anything. It's offensive to anyone's intelligence to take something like that serious. If there would be true evidence, it would have been all over the news and the discoverers would be famous and respected all over the world by scientists, media and the public. Please apply some logic to you thinking guys.

We see em all the time in Pensacola, Florida. I think it's due to all the military bases we have here experimenting with stuff. Although some wild and crazy stuff I've seen can't be explained by UAV's.

So although I've seen them, I don't think about it or care cause I've been seeing them since I was a kid. I guess you kinda get de-sensitized. Not like I can fly in them anyway.

Pointing to some obscure event / club is not proving a single thing. It does not quality as evidence for anything. It's offensive to anyone's intelligence to take something like that serious. If there would be true evidence, it would have been all over the news and the discoverers would be famous and respected all over the world by scientists, media and the public. Please apply some logic to you thinking guys.

'Obscure' is how you interpret/judge it. I see true testimonials from many high classed officers being offered here and sure: everyone is free what to think about it. I always think it's quite interesting that people dismiss things that are presented to them labeling it at 'does not quality for evidence'. So what exactly does quality as evidence? Does the fact that a fair amount of my friends and people I know (including myself...) have had contact with 'outer space' phenomenon, qualify as evidence? Ofcourse not too much (if at all) to people outside of myself and those friends. Providing evidence in the form of video-taped testimonials from over twenty military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses, will have a bigger chance for people to take it seriously, or at least be more open about/for it. But even then, the majority of people will still dismiss these testimonials as rubbish regardless. Or even label it as 'it's offensive to anyone's intelligence to take something like that serious' as you do in this case. One could turn that around as well and say that to doubt the intelligence of all the high placed intelligence officers that bravely come forward with their testimonials is offensive in itself.

But I don't see it that way. Stuff like this always generates strong reactions and for the majority of people real evidence will be when they see an UFO right in front of them themselves. Still, if phenomenon like this is something that you can not place/relate to in your reality as of today, then one could easily classify it (such a sighting) as an hallucination or something along those lines, regardless. For most of the population an announcement of the government, combined with a worldwide major experience will make them change their minds. This is what 'Disclosure' is all about.

While UFO disclosure is certainly an interesting hope, there's no evidence what the governments of Earth truly know about UFOs.

I'd also be cautious about anything that comes from Greer. His CSETI scheme involves taking people who pay lots of money on alleged UFO hunting expeditions. They sign NDAs, so they can't talk, but there is no evidence that anything has happened other than to inflate Greer's bank account. That's why The Paracast views him with extreme caution.

If you're interested in the subject, maybe you want to check out MUFON which, despite their faults, does have a large collection of credible sightings.

I do believe in UFO's, I mean you can see many flying objects and wonder what the hell they are.

In relation to alien life, I believe strongly that there is life out there. I also believe that we are being, or have been, visited or "researched".

The Earth and our Sun are very young compared to many others out there so other civilisations would be far ahead of us. Some good documentaries on ancient aliens, etc. on You Tube and other websites are great to watch and make you wonder. You also wonder what some ancient drawings are if they aren't relating to UFO's, aliens or aircraft we have now.

While UFO disclosure is certainly an interesting hope, there's no evidence what the governments of Earth truly know about UFOs.
When is evidence, evidence? If some citizens come forward with their experiences? If some high placed officers/officials come forward? Or if someone like George Bush speaks the 'truth'? But yes, we don't know what the governments truly know indeed.

I'd also be cautious about anything that comes from Greer. His CSETI scheme involves taking people who pay lots of money on alleged UFO hunting expeditions. They sign NDAs, so they can't talk, but there is no evidence that anything has happened other than to inflate Greer's bank account. That's why The Paracast views him with extreme caution.

Well... I believe if it wasn't for the extreme amount of effort a person like mr. Greer puts into this, the world would be substantially less aware of what is going on. He/his family also need a living, so there's nothing wrong with earning money with what you love to do, especially if you do it for a living as he does (apparently). I never attended such an expedition, so I can not comment on that and therefor I have no judgement on it. What I see is that mr. Greer is doing an unbelievable amount of work to make the world aware of something that is about to become public knowledge. He plays a key role in it and I applaud him for all that he is trying to do.

I never heard of The Paracast (until now, so I am gonna check it out more in depth! Great), but I quickly saw a mention of a download on The Paracast that had the Dutch medium Robbert van den Broeke on it. According to many in The Netherlands he is a fraud. This is based on something that happened in one of his TV broadcasts on RTL Television during a channeling and after that incident he got destroyed by the media all over the place. Does that mean he is not to be trusted indeed? Does The Paracast view him with extreme caution? Even if he would have made a mistake, would that make him untrustworthy as a person, as a medium? No, we are all human (yes, also mr. Greer! ;)) and we do make mistakes. Robbert van den Broeke plays a very important key role -just as Mr. Greer does in the eyes of many- in the awakening of the public on UFO's/crop circles/alien life forms and all those things that are connected with '2012': the ascension of the earth.

I believe we should support people who are brave enough as these men, as much as possible. The forces that work against them, the ridicule from many and everything else that makes their life not easy in this case just shows you what kind of character it takes to do it. I have big admiration for that.

If you're interested in the subject, maybe you want to check out MUFON which, despite their faults, does have a large collection of credible sightings.
Thanks, I will.

That^

Removing post. I forgot I was already here. I think it must be aliens that cause me to do that from time to time. One of those mind control things.

Oh my, it is getting closer, it looks like, ummmm, it looks like. Hey, I it's a helicopter. Moving object from unidentified flying object to identified flying object. Yes, I believe in UFO's and sometimes UFO's become IFO's.

I too, don't trust Greer, he seems to be monopolizing on the UFO/Alien phenomenon

But on the other hand, he did some good with the disclosure project.

I think a lot of people don't want to believe, or just don't care about the possibility that we're being visited by aliens.

And I think those people would only be convinced, if the aliens literally landed on the white house lawn and shook hands with the president, but sadly, because that hasn't happened, people just aren't interested.

Based on our current knowledge of physics, another intelligent species visiting our planet would have to be from our own galaxy. So how many potential species exist?
So you outrule the possibility that there might be entities far more advanced than 'our current knowledge'?

The chance that there aren't any extraterrestrials are pretty much non-existent.

I personally find that most people who won't even allow logic to try to be applied to any notion (such as this topic which I don't think is about UFOs at this point because well UFOs exist by definition period but has gone on to be more about whether there is a possibility of one or more additional small places in our giant universe that are comparable enough to say hey this could support life and then to say out of those has life ever evolved, is evolving now, or can evolve in the near future if the planetary body in question is stable in it's conditions and constituents.) simply are more apt to think that they are special or unique and value that and here is my supporting details which range from the inability to rationalize something they most likely never live to see based on the confines of being an average humanoid example of earths biological dependents to actually understanding how many possible planetary objects exist for real.

We are earth @ 7900-7926 miles across pending where you measure around the equator or around that poles...not important to this just the size...and the planetary spacing and distances we are talking about.

Imagine our star that we call the sun and it's surrounding bodies and mind the scale of things...

Then imagine how many stars you can see with your naked on a clear night..and how many possible rocky bodies that could exist in a stable orbit around those fiery power-plants that are also capable of supporting a life system that we have been exposed to or not (if not we don't even know what to look for because we have no clue for the most part what other forms life can take besides what we have seen here on this little rock we call earth.)

Then take into account how many stars are in an average sized galaxy such as our milky way which isn't even close to some of the densest and most massive galaxies and figure out how many possible life supporting planets there is.

multiply that times how many galaxies we know to exist and not even address what we haven't discovered yet.

...to me if someone can't admit that there is even a chance of at least ONE other cauldron of life forming, existing now or having existed in the past somewhere else in the known and visible universe then I would be inclined to think that they assume themselves to be very special.

Just a clue , we don't know how to generate the massive forces that derive the insane amount of energy it takes to fuse even hydrogen together and generate and contain the heat needed to keep the mass from collapsing on itself to mimic any conditions even close to an average star but in theory the whole Proton-Proton Chain
421px-FusionintheSun.svg.png

could be replicated (massive stars are described in terms of the CNO cycle)....

contrary to popular belief, we are not gods gift to the universe...might be time to step up our game. :)

Top Bottom