Votes: 31 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I've been abducted!

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
I think about all the people I met over the years who hoped something might happen in their lifetimes, or just grew to accept that it wouldn't happen. Think about people who are no longer here, such as Ray Palmer, Donald Keyhoe, Gray Barker, John Keel, Richard Hall and, very recently, my dear friend Jim Moseley. That's just a short list; I have many more.

I'm really not expecting a solution in my lifetime, but it would be nice if it happened.

That reminds me. Has anyone watched Ancient Aliens? Is it any good? I've had a few people recommend it to me, and have tivo'd it but just not got round to watching it yet.

9148130.jpg

The stories about possible aliens in ancient times are old news. There was a book out about the subject in the 1950s, but most ignored that material, from the late Desmond Leslie, because of the second section of "Flying Saucers Have Landed," from George Adamski, which made the wild claim about meeting ET in the California desert.

Compared to that, and contributions by Yonah Fortner and Brinsley Le Poer Trench over the years, Erich Von Daniken and those who followed him were very, very late to the game.

last count theres 14 billion earth sized planets in our galaxy alone. Not total planets, earth sized ones. In our solar system, 1 in 3 earth sized ones have intelligent life. Do the math.

There are aliens on the Moon. Haven't you seen Apollo 18 movie yet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I posted the video because it's based on fact, what NASA hid from the public. Not to get a good or bad movie review. O.o

How is it based on fact? :/

If I'm not mistaken, the movie states that the cancelled Apollo 18 did go ahead (somehow nobody noticed the big ass rocket going off into space? Those bad boys are highly noticeable) and that the reason they didn't tell anyone is because the crew were attacked by aliens on the moon.

Seems very Hollywood. Plus you've got the fact that the missions are announced before they happen - meaning for that story to be true, some smarty pants at NASA would have needed to predict the future so they didn't announce the mission.

The fact is the Apollo program had stagnated, it was cancelled because not only had it achieved it's goal, but its costs had spiralled out of control.

To suggest it was cancelled because of an alien attack is...well....crazy.

How is it based on fact? :/

If I'm not mistaken, the movie states that the cancelled Apollo 18 did go ahead (somehow nobody noticed the big ass rocket going off into space? Those bad boys are highly noticeable) and that the reason they didn't tell anyone is because the crew were attacked by aliens on the moon.

Seems very Hollywood. Plus you've got the fact that the missions are announced before they happen - meaning for that story to be true, some smarty pants at NASA would have needed to predict the future so they didn't announce the mission.

The fact is the Apollo program had stagnated, it was cancelled because not only had it achieved it's goal, but its costs had spiralled out of control.

To suggest it was cancelled because of an alien attack is...well....crazy.

I'm not saying you have to believe it. LOL!

last count theres 14 billion earth sized planets in our galaxy alone. Not total planets, earth sized ones. In our solar system, 1 in 3 earth sized ones have intelligent life. Do the math.
Thats not the way the math works...

First, you have the Drake Equation (http://www.setileague.org/general/drake.htm), but we now know it is flawed. The Drake Equation has been modified recently. It accounted for a planetary goldilocks zone (http://science.howstuffworks.com/other-earth1.htm) but not one for the solar system around the galactic core. Radiation from the galactic core is too great for life to emerge. Current theory is that life can only occur on the outage edge, greatly reducing the chances of life.

Which brings us to the Fermi Paradox: he apparent contradiction between the high probability extraterrestrial civilizations' existence and the lack of contact with such civilizations. What this tends to tell us is that our equations are still flawed, not accounting for variable of which we are currently unaware.

You may see the most important factor every night and not even realize it: http://starryskies.com/articles/2007/10/primal-future-moon.html

So if you add to the Drake Equation one more variable: A tidal locked moon, the resulting equation solves to...

One

So it is very possible that we are alone, a cosmic freak accident.

So it is very possible that we are alone, a cosmic freak accident.

It's still also very possible (and highly likely) that we're not. We have no idea - no clue what so ever what's out there deep into space. For all we know, you could get so far, and 'pop' out of space onto someones fingertip, men in black style!

We really have no idea, and never will. It's just too vast. Space wont just suddenly come to an abrupt stop, with a 'wall' in its place. Even if it did, whats on the other side of that wall? More space?

Regardless of how much mathematics you try to use, you'll still not even be pricking the surface of what could be out there.

The question is, do you believe it, Ditto?
A little worrying if so :P

I keep an open mind about it all, neither believe or deny it might be true. You never know? One thing though, they've never returned back to the Moon since for some reason. There a lot of conflicting evidence to show the original Moon landing with Armstrong never took place and was staged in some warehouse. Again, you don't know really? ;)

I believe there are other aliens out there. To think we're that important, that we're the only intelligent species in the whole Universe is a bit narrow minded.

We have no idea - no clue what so ever what's out there deep into space...
We really have no idea, and never will. It's just too vast. Space wont just suddenly come to an abrupt stop, with a 'wall' in its place.

That reminds me of the part in the movie “The Truman Show” where Jim Carrey tries to escape his ‘TV show’ life in a sailboat and hits the wall of the giant studio (where the ‘sea’ ends) with the bow of the ship.

… or was it a wall??? :D

Anyway, back to the UFO palaver.

Top Bottom