Votes: 31 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I've been abducted!

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
I keep an open mind about it all, neither believe or deny it might be true. You never know? One thing though, they've never returned back to the Moon since for some reason. There a lot of conflicting evidence to show the original Moon landing with Armstrong never took place and was staged in some warehouse. Again, you don't know really? ;)

I believe there are other aliens out there. To think we're that important, that we're the only intelligent species in the whole Universe is a bit narrow minded.

An ugly 4 letter word, cost. << reason why they have not returned.

If memory recalls, the last of the saturn rockets that propelled man to the moon was used for the skylab mission. Not some imaginary apollo 18 mission.

An ugly 4 letter word, cost. << reason why they have not returned.

If memory recalls, the last of the saturn rockets that propelled man to the moon was used for the skylab mission. Not some imaginary apollo 18 mission.

Cost plays a part, yes. But the bigger problem is lack of technology for further out space travel, why we see unmanned missions getting sent to Mars taking years. We've reached a point now in which we don't want to visit the Moon anymore but are still limited to it with manned missions, but to explore much further into space (even outside our own solar system). It's not cost stopping that from happening but lack of technology to send a man in space and get their any-time soon, or keep him alive for that length of time taken. We don't have a fast enough interstellar propulsion system for starters, so what's the point investing money and time sending manned missions to space now?

It not only about cost, we lack the technology as well. Especially in the time it takes to get a man from A to B, we need a faster interstellar propulsion system most than anything.

Cost plays a part, yes. But the bigger problem is lack of technology for further out space travel, why we see unmanned missions getting sent to Mars taking years. We've reached a point now, in which we don't want to visit the Moon anymore, we want explore much further into space (even outside our own solar system). It's not cost stopping that, but lack of technology to send a man into space and get their any-time soon, or keep him alive for that length of time taken. We don't have a fast enough interstellar propulsion system for starters, so what's the point investing money and time right now sending manned missions to space?

I agree that to visit other star systems is still out of our reach, I won't dispute that and never did indicate we could. But the technology is definitely there to explore our solar system (Moon again, Mars). I think i may have mentioned in this thread it takes baby steps on the path of progress and NASA proved that during the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo era. Within 10 years they sent man to the moon with technology so old and apple users ipad would sit there laugh at it. In this day an age, with NASA taking hefty budget cuts (not even being able to currently do planetary missions) the biggest factor at present is definitely cost. With todays tech NASA they could easily land a man on Mars/Moon though it would take (IMO) all space industries to pool their resources/knowledge together and act as 1 global body.

What's the point in space exploration? I could spend all day with good reasons

- Never lay your eggs in one basket (earth is not immune to cosmic catastrophes) Space, colonizing first planets/moons in our solar system to ensure human survival is in our best interests. I know that might seem laughable, and people will make the argument "let's deal with our problems here on earth first" but we're always going to have problems. I'm not one of those apocalypse scare mongering type, but you only have to look back on earth's history (Comet/asteroid impacts) Tunguska 1908 (I think, don't quote me on the date though i may be wrong).

With that said, I was replying to your "Apollo 18 theory" not visiting other star systems.

What's the point in space exploration? I could spend all day with good reasons
On a smaller scale...we have already taken advantage of technologies used to get us to the moon in our every day use here on Earth. Think of what we could do with technologies developed to put people on Mars...

On a smaller scale...we have already taken advantage of technologies used to get us to the moon in our every day use here on Earth. Think of what we could do with technologies developed to put people on Mars...

Totally agree. :)

Yeah I was just re-quoting member ditto. NASA are very generous too sharing their technologies, they create many jobs for the American people. Perhaps it's me, I think NASA should have way more funding than they get, but I won't go into that because then that involves a whole political discussion what is a good topic.

That reminds me of the part in the movie “The Truman Show” where Jim Carrey tries to escape his ‘TV show’ life in a sailboat and hits the wall of the giant studio (where the ‘sea’ ends) with the bow of the ship.

… or was it a wall??? :D

Anyway, back to the UFO palaver.
Loved that film...wish someone would do a remake going into even more detail!

Cost plays a part, yes. But the bigger problem is lack of technology for further out space travel, why we see unmanned missions getting sent to Mars taking years. We've reached a point now in which we don't want to visit the Moon anymore, but to explore much further into space (even outside our own solar system). It's not cost stopping that from happening but lack of technology to send a man in space and get their any-time soon, or keep him alive for that length of time taken. We don't have a fast enough interstellar propulsion system for starters, so what's the point investing money and time sending manned missions to space now?

It not only about cost, we lack the technology as well. Especially in the time it takes to get a man from A to B, we need a faster interstellar propulsion system most than anything.

They are actually going back to the moon, or at least plan to. Cost was a massive problem, hence why 3rd party contractors were brought in.

They are actually going back to the moon, or at least plan to. Cost was a massive problem, hence why 3rd party contractors were brought in.

Never said cost wasn't a problem, said it's not the only problem. Lack of technology is to send a manned space craft further in space, but in a fraction of the time we can right now. Reason they keep sticking with repeat manned missions to the Moon.

Never said cost wasn't a problem, said it's not the only problem. Lack of technology is to send a manned space craft further in space, but in a fraction of the time we can right now. Reason they keep sticking with repeat manned missions to the Moon.

Lack of technology to other star systems absolutely, i agree the distances are too far for humans to travel and the time it would take, technology just hasn't caught up. However, Manned missions to the moon, mars, Asteroids and to the Mars moons and colonize them build bases is well within our technological know how.

I would extend that and say we're capable to send manned missions to the moons of Jupiter but that may be a bit of a stretch since the radiation levels extending out as far out to europa are exceedingly high and would kill an astronaut within minutes. But Manned missions to Mars I believe we are more than capable. Some of the technology has been developed already to extract the gases from the Martian atmosphere and re-use it as propellent, life support.

http://www.marssociety.org/

That reminds me of the part in the movie “The Truman Show” where Jim Carrey tries to escape his ‘TV show’ life in a sailboat and hits the wall of the giant studio (where the ‘sea’ ends) with the bow of the ship.

I find this an interesting remark, because it relates to the theme of my favorite movie of all time: The Matrix (part 1)... and it relates indeed to the subject we are talking about. Both The Truman Show and The Matrix show us that life as we think is real, is actually an illusion (or alternate reality, because what is real?). That there's a whole different life existing around us, which we are not aware of. At least, not with our 5 senses/our current consciousness.

People with a higher consciousness/awareness are already capable of making contact with those other dimensions, for example they are able to connect with 'energies' who are not psychically present on this Earth (anymore). Another masterpiece movie, next to The Truman Show and The Matrix is The Sixth Sense, where a young boy is capable of seeing death people. Obviously he's not the only one in the world capable of connecting to deceased people. Seeing/feeling through other dimensions has much to do with your intuitive sensitivity and your consciousness level and apparently this is what 'ascension' is all about, which in itself is connected with '2012'. Ascension is the process of the Earth and everything that's living on it going to a higher vibration level, which results in a higher consciousness for human beings.

What has this got to do with the whole UFO phenomena? Well... there's a reason why more and more people experience UFO sightings... there's a reason why the internet has been such an unfathomable success in connecting people and opening the world to stuff (like UFO sightings and credible testimonials and so on) that would have been kept outside of one's consciousness, because the mainstream media has a different agenda. In fact, the internet plays a key role in the enlightenment of the world and the UFO phenomena is one of those subject matters that the worlds needs to be enlightened about. I believe that in the time to come we will found out considerably more about alternate realities and how everything is connected. The latter was the subtitle of the recently released movie 'Cloud Atlas' (although also directed by the Wachowskis, if was not quite a masterpiece like the unprecedented The Matrix was) and once again: there is a reason why movies like that are now being released in this time.

We must think we're pretty special that any aliens with the technology to get to our planet would be interested in studying us.

How is it any different than us tagging insects or animals, to monitor and learn how they work? It isn't.
Just because aliens "might" be more intelligent or technologically advanced, doesn't mean they wouldn't find the planet itself, or the species on it, interesting specimens to study.
When you read some of the supposed alien abduction reports, what supposedly goes on in their ships, isn't really that different to what we do to animals and insects. (Experimentation, taking samples, tagging. etc)

FYI: The person who posted a blog complaining, in a highly exaggerated fashion, about the number of ads we run on The Paracast, has taken it down. It focused his blog on the wrong issues, and I think he understands now that what we do is no different from lots of other radio shows.

So let's get past the sideshows and back to the subject at hand.

Speaking of which: Do you ever wonder why so-called alien technology, as exhibited in those alleged abductions, is no more advanced than we are? Is that a sign of something else causing those abductions? We have to think out of the box here.

How is it any different than us tagging insects or animals, to monitor and learn how they work? It isn't.
Just because aliens "might" be more intelligent or technologically advanced, doesn't mean they wouldn't find the planet itself, or the species on it, interesting specimens to study.

When you read some of the supposed alien abduction reports, what supposedly goes on in their ships, isn't really that different to what we do to animals and insects. (Experimentation, taking samples, tagging. etc)

It's completely different. We share our world with insects and other beings.

If aliens are studying us, it must cost them a pretty penny to get here, or there would be thousands of those tourists visiting us. Assuming its is expensive and/or at least take a long time to get here, what could they find so fascinating to risk that? Manimal reruns?

Would we risk the time and money to fly to another galaxy to potentially take some Instagrams of some space slugs? And chance that we infect them, or vice versa? Didn't we learn about that in the past?

I just think we take the human race too seriously. We aren't any more fascinating than any other being in the universe.

You're assuming an awful lot, though
What if it costs them nothing at all? What if to them, it's like driving down to the local science lab?
And as for thousands visiting us, don't be silly, if they are visiting us for scientific reasons, again it'd be, in my opinion, the same as our scientists going out and tagging dolphins for example, do you see thousands of scientists doing that? Of course not.

Please post and circulate widely

*check!*

The World Premiere of the film: Sirius

We are thrilled to announce the World Premiere of Sirius

April 22, 2013 – Earth Day ! – 7:30 pm

Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 in the Premiere House Theater.

1000 West Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles 90015

The Earth has been visited by advanced Inter-Stellar Civilizations that can travel through other dimensions faster than the speed of light. They use energy propulsion systems that can bring us to a new era. Humans have also developed these systems but those in power have suppressed them in order to keep us at the mercy of fossil fuels. It is time for you to know…and this documentary will let you in.

Through your generous support we were able to make this film.

Please join us for the World Premiere.

Most serious UFO researchers do not take the work and profit-making schemes of Steven Greer seriously.

No we don't know how UFOs, assuming they are spacecraft, travel, what sort of propulsions systems they possess, or anything about our visitors. Yes, some people claim to have met ET, but most such claims aren't taken seriously. UFO abductions must be taken seriously, but there's no way to know how much confabulation on the part of the experiencer alters the details of these encounters. There's also a sleep paralysis and dream-state element in some of those reports.

Top Bottom