Disreputable service providers

many are complaining is more than enough evidence
How is evidence defined given that these days people don't burn witches purely because all the villagers said "she's a witch?"

I have no knowledge or investment either way in this. I believe the terms of this forum would allow xenForo to delete threads, close account etc. without giving any reason so they can of course take that action based on hearsay. But it has to be their choice obviously and think that members should demand such action or assume that xenForo aren't taking it seriously. They should also be very careful about defamation without solid factual evidence.

How is evidence defined given that these days people don't burn witches purely because all the villagers said "she's a witch?"

I have no knowledge or investment either way in this. I believe the terms of this forum would allow xenForo to delete threads, close account etc. without giving any reason so they can of course take that action based on hearsay. But it has to be their choice obviously and think that members should demand such action or assume that xenForo aren't taking it seriously. They should also be very careful about defamation without solid factual evidence.
But since there are so many protests and that we are not dealing here with witchcraft, but with clear evidence, of which I myself have been a victim, it seems to me that it is enough to take action.
But anyway, you too are right. These are decisions that the XenForo staff must make.

Most of the current thread is about negative experiences @fahad ashraf not cypherfforums.
If you read the thread about Fahad's services then it seems to be in an alternate universe, as it contains mostly positive experience and none of the experiences noted here. Neither thread gives the full picture.

It seems to me that experiences and feedback belong in the thread dedicated to that developer:

Having it there will give a more complete overview of experiences.

we are not dealing here with witchcraft, but with clear evidence, of which I myself have been a victim,
I agree completely that the clear evidence should be considered as clear evidence, I was just responding to the post that implied the sheer number of complaints counted as evidence. Mind you, it can make a huge difference in a legal context, just look at the Weinstein case.

I am not active on Xenforo anymore since I didn't have time to continue my hobby hosting forums. Still, I check Xenforo time to time to see if there is anything new to motivate me to come back.

It's funny to see that it is kind of obvious Fahad made a second account and just continues after being banned. At least, it is obvious for me. I'm not going to directly mention the account to prevent false accusations if I'm incorrect.

Here is why I believe the account is obviously Fahad:
1) The creation of the account and start of it's activity coincidentally happens on the same day Fahad lastly posts here. What do you do when you have a lot of negative reviews/publicity? That's right you rebrand yourself with a new account.
2) Type behavior is coincidentally the same. The use of the same grammar (mistakes).
3) This one is kind of shaky when linking accounts but it is a pattern. The usage of one particular smiley.
4) The very unique spacing between dots/ commas and words. Even included in the title of his new accounts thread. Example:
"hello i am Fahad . Nice to meet you" or "I offer you my services: migration , sso , addon development". On top of all of this he uses the same unique double dots.
4) Randomly capitalizing the 'i'. Sometimes capitalize he does and sometimes he doesn't.
5) Not disputing links to being Fahad on his own thread. Who would not dispute any links to a person (Fahad) you are not when making a serious thread offering your services when mentioned? Exactly.

There are just so many dead giveaways...

Again, some of these things could be seen as common typing behavior but it's a pattern when all of these align well with unique characteristics of Fahad. I'm just warning you to be aware with who you deal with.

In the end, time will tell. ;)

Feeling so much validation and relief reading this thread. I'm so glad he is gone and damn I'm sorry this has happened to other people too. I've attached my own statements towards him, I think they make my own experience and situation very clear. For the record I was denied the refund by Payoneer.

I trusted fahad because he had several add-ons in the resources gallery that I'd adopted seemed to work on surface level. After 54 messages back and forth I filed for a refund and made an immediate effort to replace every addon of his from the official xf resources with an alternative. This dude has been on my **** list for years and I feel a lot of comfort and relief that he can't scam anyone else.

I left a negative review and someone a year later messaged me and told me they were concerned because fahad was trying to get money upfront and was being incredibly dodgy and suspicious and difficult to communicate with. This person never posted in thsi thread. There may be countless others who were scammed by fahad. There's a Devs in the gallery who have ignored me for years even after giving them hundreds of dollars renewing their add-ons, and im talking about basic bug fixes. this is a real problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221_145200_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230221_145200_Chrome.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20230221_145031_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230221_145031_Chrome.webp
    109.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230221_145652_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230221_145652_Chrome.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Feeling so much validation and relief reading this thread. I'm so glad he is gone and damn I'm sorry this has happened to other people too. I've attached my own statements towards him, I think they make my own experience and situation very clear. For the record I was denied the refund by Payoneer.

I trusted fahad because he had several add-ons in the resources gallery that I'd adopted seemed to work on surface level. After 54 messages back and forth I filed for a refund and made an immediate effort to replace every addon of his from the official xf resources with an alternative. This dude has been on my **** list for years and I feel a lot of comfort and relief that he can't scam anyone else.

I left a negative review and someone a year later messaged me and told me they were concerned because fahad was trying to get money upfront and was being incredibly dodgy and suspicious and difficult to communicate with. This person never posted in thsi thread. There may be countless others who were scammed by fahad. There's a Devs in the gallery who have ignored me for years even after giving them hundreds of dollars renewing their add-ons, and im talking about basic bug fixes. this is a real problem.

You should pay only when the developer finish your project and always use middle man like upwork services escrow...

You should pay only when the developer finish your project and always use middle man like upwork services escrow...
This comment isn't going to do any favors for me or anyone else who was scammed.

Fahad has many add-ons in the Resource library, and seemingly good reviews, and seemed established as a dev in this community. I don't consider myself someone easily scammed, I looked for Devs outside the official Xenforo forums and felt like there was a higher risk. The people this happened to aren't idiots. When you're on the official xenforo forums and a dev seems integrated and trusted in this official community you'd expect some level of integrity.

Of course I blame myself, being scammed is one of the most degrading and humiliating experiences not to mention the loss of money that was donated by my community. But he got away with this for so long because he was a good scammer. Most people who own a Xenforo forum aren't experts in coding or sysadmin stuff. I'm a hobbyist. I didn't know where to turn or how this works. Scammer are predators and target people with less experience. You can blame me for not being experienced enough to avoid being preyed upon but it doesn't change the risk of this happening again to someone else. I've learned my lesson but this will keep happening to others and more scammer will join these forums unless we are all diligent to watch out for and ostracize them. I think I am one of the few people who has left negative reviews before and I wish more people would but theres also a fear of losing access to support if you speak out. It's a big problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom