Disreputable service providers

Unfortunately it’s not just me that finds your work “dodgy” I wasn’t going to pipe up about it until I see many other members suffering the same as me and the fact i asked for a similar setup to TH doesn’t make it right you or whoever it is to just copy it and change it up a little.

I’m happy for you to post all our conversation on here and If I had our conversation from discord then I’d be doing the same too.

If I’ve got the price wrong then I can own that and accept I’m wrong it was a few years go. I’m about to provide the more important information about the actual add on it self. If it was $235 it’s still a joke.
If this was done before ThemeHouse/Audentio exited the add-on market, that would mean that they were actually directly stealing someone elses work, rather than misusing open-source code.

copy their code and then change it up a little
Not the first time this has happened, this was recently discovered.

Hello everyone,

regarding using of our code, @fahad ashraf did not explicitly ask for permission, but when it came to our attention we decided not to report it as we know an older version of our code is committed to GitHub - https://github.com/addonslab/licensing so I assume he used from there. Again, there is no open source license in that repository, it clearly states Licensing module for AddonsLab products so technically it is inappropriate to use that code without getting in touch with us. I hope @fahad ashraf improves his coding skills and does not resort to copying code from other developers again.

Thank you!

I'm not quite sure if this is a similar issue but I posted this thread two weeks ago:

After the thread was made, Fahad Ashraf contacted me (Jan 16) by Xenforo conversations. He wanted to offer me custom work to update the add-on I mentioned in the thread. Unfortunately, the forums I have is for a small community, and with a limited budget of $250 it wasn't enough. Which makes sense and I would feel uncomfortable paying so small for such a big Quiz add-on.

If it is not allowed to sell an updated version of an existing add-on (using the original code), without permission of the original developer, then I hope Fahad will respect this in the future.

I personally haven't had any work done by Fahad, so don't label this post as negative feedback.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I also had problems with @CypherForums.
He is a person who does not respect the customer in anything.
It has no work ethic, it does not deliver the work on time, the only add-on that worked was based on a function that I in my ignorance did not know was already present in the standard structure of XenForo, which certainly qualifies my ignorance on the XenForo topic but certifies its dishonesty, because in my opinion a programmer has a moral duty to say if a feature is already present in the XenForo core.
What's more, other add-ons didn't complete them, or completed them quite late.
Same goes for @fahad ashraf, another person who is not unreliable. Which always starts with great enthusiasm, flooding you with private messages, then when he gets the milestone, he starts not answering you anymore and even he doesn't respect the times.
I absolutely do not recommend.

I'm getting disappointed by the XF team to be honest.
A few months ago I informed them about a badly written add-on with security issues that he wrote for me, They had it under review and would handle the situation accordingly.

And now, months later, yet another customer is screwed by that same developer who doesn't learn from his mistakes.
XenForo has no obligations towards its customers. I don't understand where the disappointment comes from.
The negotiations are conducted privately. And the client and the programmer decide how to protect each other.
Then of course, in my opinion it might be a good thing that XenForo creates an escrow service for transactions between programmers and customers.
But this does not imply that the staff have responsibilities.

Hopefully someone will take action from xenforo and remove them both it’s clear they both have got away from it for so long.
If I was looking for a developer to do a custom job for me, I would avoid this fahad guy just because of his atrocious English. That's a big red flag and no, saying English is not one's native language isn't an excuse. I can see that the problem is deeper than that from the kind of gross mistakes that he's making.

Top Bottom