Disreputable service providers

I'd like to add that my experience with @fahad ashraf was a disaster. Had another dev check it out and confirmed that his code did not follow xf standards.

Surprised that after so many people having issues with him that he is still allowed to sell his services on here.
While not really a disaster it wasn't a great experience and I'm no longer using the addon that they built for me on my forum.

I got a couple of things done a while a go and I would like to get them checked.
Can I please get some advice from some members here or maybe even recommendations from some long-serving and trusted members that can recommend a trusted developer to do a check for me to make sure that my forum has not been put at risk by these changes?
Thanks a heap.

I got a couple of things done a while a go and I would like to get them checked.
Can I please get some advice from some members here or maybe even recommendations from some long-serving and trusted members that can recommend a trusted developer to do a check for me to make sure that my forum has not been put at risk by these changes?
Thanks a heap.
Who was the developer?

I'd like to add that my experience with @fahad ashraf was a disaster. Had another dev check it out and confirmed that his code did not follow xf standards.

Surprised that after so many people having issues with him that he is still allowed to sell his services on here.
@fahad ashraf made an add-on for me and it was just a copy of TH code with some slight bits of his own bad code that's $450 i won't ever see again. I had other devs confirm it too.

1643498099488.webp

Last edited:
I'm getting disappointed by the XF team to be honest.
A few months ago I informed them about a badly written add-on with security issues that he wrote for me, They had it under review and would handle the situation accordingly.

And now, months later, yet another customer is screwed by that same developer who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

1. Attribution.​

1. If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), You must:
    1. retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
      1. identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
      2. a copyright notice;
      3. a notice that refers to this License;
      4. a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
      5. a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
    2. indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
    3. indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this License.
  2. You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)(1) in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
  3. If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable.

2. ShareAlike.​

In addition to the conditions in Section 3(a), if You Share Adapted Material You produce, the following conditions also apply.

1. Adapted Material must be shared under the same or a later version of the same License.
  2. You must include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, the License You apply. You may satisfy this condition in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share Adapted Material.
  3. You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or apply any Effective Technological Measures to, Adapted Material that restrict exercise of the rights granted under theLicense You apply.
  4. All of the products, including derivatives, under this license must be offered free of charge. You may charge for custom development privately, but any resulting derivatives that are Publicly Distributed must be offered for no charge.

This is the license which ThemeHouse released their add-ons under; unless it was clearly stated that the custom development was what you were being charged for (doubtful if it's $450, as that is the cost I would pay for some smaller add-ons from scratch) it seems as if he purposely being misleading about his work.

I'm getting disappointed by the XF team to be honest.
A few months ago I informed them about a badly written add-on with security issues that he wrote for me, They had it under review and would handle the situation accordingly.

And now, months later, yet another customer is screwed by that same developer who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

It's not a simple situation for XF to be in, so can't exactly blame them. They've been adamant about warning him and he has looked to have made some adjustments, but this basically just proves that he is not going to change his behavior.

@fahad ashraf made an add-on for me and it was just a copy of TH code with some slight bits of his own bad code that's $450 i won't ever see again. I had other devs confirm it too.

View attachment 264061
@Brad P seriously $450 ?? Why you lying ? You pay me $165 i have chat and regarding you blaming i am doing copy ?or you provide me addon to make it like that ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-30-08-02-37-20_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.webp
    Screenshot_2022-01-30-08-02-37-20_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 86
Is it $450 right ? And i copy code ?? You provided me addon and you said you want add-on similar like this ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-30-08-06-58-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    Screenshot_2022-01-30-08-06-58-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 76
@Brad P seriously $450 ?? Why you lying ? You pay me $165 i have chat and regarding you blaming i am doing copy ?or you provide me addon to make it like that ?
What makes this worse for you is that you told me that price was accepted. Then you asked me to chat through discord or another messenger app Ans then the price was changed to more because I added a few options.

I asked you to create an add on quote “SIMILAR“ to that yes but I didn’t expect you to just take copy their code and then change it up a little.

It took 2 weeks to get that add on and I still believe you are a fake and get someone else to do the coding and not you.

Last edited:
@Brad P if you could provide evidence of the amount you paid, evidence of the add-on provided and evidence that it includes copied code and evidence of the conversations had we will look into it.

What makes this worse for you is that you told me that price was accepted. Then you asked me to chat through discord or another messenger app Ans then the price was changed to more because I added a few options
Yes have all chat record you lie about price i have all record first it was $165 then you provide me an addon of xenforo version 1 and said you want similar this on xf2 then I changed price about $70 so then total was $165 + 70 = 235 . We deal it 2020 on month august . Maybe my math is wrong you can use any calculator but it never came 450 when you plus 165+70 .

Cypherforums is getting a bad rap from this thread. Thread should be renamed to 'Reasons why Fahad Ashraf should be removed from the XF community'.

Former customers can only hope that something is done by the XF team about this scum.

Reactions: FTL
If I’ve got the price wrong then I can own that and accept I’m wrong it was a few years go. I’m about to provide the more important information about the actual add on it self. If it was $235 it’s still a joke.

Top Bottom