Disreputable service providers

That’s not true, not every developer, only the ones he mentioned.

As already pointed out, there are a lot of people offering services in "Third-party services & offers" in this forum that can't properly code an addon for Xenforo. They don't use the Xenforo standard and most of the time break things irreparably. They can only work because often people don't know what they are buying and evaluate things properly.

The quality standards are pretty low for the official Xenforo forum. There should be some kind of regulation. We have 2 developers in our team and we have a lot of custom addon's (made by our team) and internal mantained work. I commissioned only 1 job here to @fahad ashraf. Our last chat was 19-10-2020 almost one year later the addon i commissioned still isn't shipped. I only have a bugged version missing features that we requested.

But i paid everything in advance, and fortunately i didn't commission a bigger and costly project. Adding insult to the injury the "alpha" version of the addon is poorly written (plus doesn't use the Xenforo standards), mess with core Xenforo functions, and "because i didn't specify" if installed without proper modifications (implement caching) could make my site go offline, because of how requests were processed.

This is the review made from our internal devs: Not usable. Every template setup a request to X (not okay, we have a tons of requests per minute). A cache must be used, cache time settable by XF Options.

Our team reviewed the code and made a huge thread with issues, we just laughed and delete it from our internal Git and start from scratch. But people are still giving ecstatics reviews in his thread so, my assumptions are true.

I hope your team @Chris D does something, create guidelines or make at least some standards to follow. I don't like wasting not only words, but time and money. Is already difficult do what we are doing (grow communities, develop custom features, pay 3rd party addons etc) Xenforo should lift some burden from our back just sayin.

For @Brogan i didn't write a ticket because i thought was a waste of time, he shipped "something" at least, and i learned something.

@Max Fridman i have provided you addon but then you change requirements . Change requirements will cost that make conflict between us .

I didn't change anything. The addon was missing features (clearly stated in your work commission) and was bugged. You even admitted it and said "ill ship it the 24-10-2020" and then nothing else. You should not answer in this thread lying, we are adults and there are money involved, and i can prove what im saying or i didn't bother to write here in the first place.

I didn't change anything. The addon was missing features and was bugged. You even admitted it and said "ill ship it the 24-10-2020" and then nothing else. You should not answer in this thread lying, we are adults and there are money involved, and i can prove what im saying or i didn't bother to write here in the first place.
Ok maybe its lot of time you can message me on telegram and let me know what are bug remaining i will solve it no issue we will close everything in friendly way

Ok maybe its lot of time you can message me on telegram and let me know what are bug remaining i will solve it no issue we will close everything in friendly way

We already coded the addon ourselves by scratch and we will ship the 2.0 version of it soon "maybe its a lot of time" = 1 year or more if i didn't write here? How do you work? You need people that blackmail you after they paid for giving them fixed version of your "work"?.

You can always refund me the money, ill gladly accept them back. Thanks :)

We already coded the addon ourselves by scratch and we will ship the 2.0 version of it soon "maybe its a lot fo time" = 1 year. But you can always refund me the money thanks.
His top priority is to get you to shut up, and he seems to fear that he will be removed. As for refund? Good luck pal!

How many add-ons have you created for paying customers that contain the same poor quality code?
And the reason if send you code because i can know what is wrong I can't be pro than you and no one is here i think .we always learned with things

How many add-ons have you created for paying customers that contain the same poor quality code?

1 is too many. Our addon was a joke, and could potentially damage our site if we didn't have an internal team ready to review the code, people work with Xenforo. Managing communities is a job... i repeat a job (full time, part time, i dont care). This isn't how a b2b relationship should work.

Im here blackmailing a guy for a service that he didn't provide...is ridicolous.

His top priority is to get you to shut up, and he seems to fear that he will be removed. As for refund? Good luck pal!

He can't, thats it. For the refund...that ship sailed long ago i know, but we can afford the loss, we will release the addon that fahad should have done in the fist place here on Xenforo (as paid resource) probably. Maybe he will buy it and learn how things should be coded.

He can't, thats it. For the refund...that ship sailed long ago i know, but we can afford the loss, we will release the addon that fahad should have done in the fist place here on Xenforo (as paid resource) probably. Maybe he will buy it and learn how things should be coded.
That wouldn't be a bad idea.

It really sucks paying a LOT of money for an add-on that later turns out to be completely unusable because of serious security issues (and serious performance issues as well).

I also asked for a refund but that isn't going to happen.

And @fahad ashraf, you still seem to miss the points I was making. Someone else already fixed the add-on so it is usable in a production environment. But it really needs a complete rewrite to be up to (XF) standards.

I see it as learning money. Only use devs that have a good and trusted reputation.

MySQL injections should be threated at high priority first and XSS second.
These things should be cleared first.

XenForo has already made functions for escaping i don't know why u guys don't use 'em?

Top Bottom