Lack of interest Display All Subforums As Threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Blargher79

This would basically make the forum a massive directory of subforums. It would be useful in cases where each thread is a single information center, so people can post threads instead of posts requesting help in regard to the specific subject. The subforum owner could sticky common questions and help could be found without digging through pages of a massive thread.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do you mean when I click on the parent forum .... threads from all the subforums are listed. When I click on a subforum, only the threads in the subforum are listed.

I think the upcoming Thread prefixes could accomplish what you want. In a slightly different way.

The subforum owner could sticky common questions and help could be found without digging through pages of a massive thread.
Your idea is good here, but the idea of stickying all the common questions and help would only solve this problem a little bit. I think a total re-think of how forums are structured is the way to go.

People here talk about how Content is King. But Content options in vB, xF, and the like is extremely limited. Forum-based Communities need options for Structured Content. Like a wiki, but better.

Do you mean when I click on the parent forum .... threads from all the subforums are listed. When I click on a subforum, only the threads in the subforum are listed.
No, not exactly. Right now, going into a forum gives you a large list of threads. In some communities, each thread is very unique in its purpose. It would be nice to have all the current thread starters be owners of a new subforum, and the list of threads appear as a list of subforums.

No, not exactly. Right now, going into a forum gives you a large list of threads. In some communities, each thread is very unique in its purpose. It would be nice to have all the current thread starters be owners of a new subforum, and the list of threads appear as a list of subforums.
Oooh ... interesting. I have lots of ideas like this.
Can you give an example of which type of communities this would benefit ?
Would one example be the addon section here ? Can you give another example ?

I believe I know the answer to this but to clarify what you are thinking ... can you answer this question ....
How would your idea differ from the situation where members with the appropriate permissions could make subforums in a specific forum ?

Dude: I can tell you are a man of exquisite forum taste. That makes you a Xenforo man. (y)
These types of ideas represent the future. Surely you wouldn't want great ideas like this wasted on crappy, bloated, non-AJAX forums !

Thanks for your post. Love it ! (I have a +watch on this thread).

Oooh ... interesting. I have lots of ideas like this.
Can you give an example of which type of communities this would benefit ?
I've come from the Minecraft server mod developing community, and each "plugin" submission is given its own thread to deal with issues and advertise it. It gets very disorganized, many conversations are occurring at once and nobody is able to learn from past issues.
Would one example be the addon section here ? Can you give another example ?
Just like that. Basically any forum where each thread is notably different than the others and where the thread is not a question or discussion. The intent of the thread is to continue providing something with no definite end.
I believe I know the answer to this but to clarify what you are thinking ... can you answer this question ....
How would your idea differ from the situation where members with the appropriate permissions could make subforums in a specific forum ?
Organization. There are hundreds of plugins on the forum, and the current forum organization isn't really designed to have that many subforums.

Top Bottom