RSS feeds - Can all subforums be included too?

maxwolfie

I'm hoping I can have a structure where I can load RSS from a parent forum, and all subforums, sub-subforums and everything under this parent are loaded as part of one RSS feed.

Is this possible?

I installed ragtek's Global RSS addon, however this does not give me the option to select which forums I want RSS for. It just does the entire board, which does not help me much.

The global feed excludes forums with this option disabled:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the forum] -> Forum Options: Include threads from this forum when users click "What's New?"

That might work for your purposes.

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the forum] -> Forum Options: Include threads from this forum when users click "What's New?"

Hi Jake,

I did read that before, I was hoping there might be a solution without losing the functionality of the What's New feature. The other problem is that I have a LOT of forums to change :(

Damn, just realized that the Global RSS outputs every POST, not just every new thread. That's going to be too much for my FB and Twitter accounts.

http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/feeds/global.rss

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Well it's supposed to be the responsibility of the RSS reader to know which items it has already posted. But several people have reported problems with Facebook and Twitter reposting threads over and over. Supposedly those code edits fix the problem by sorting the RSS items by thread creation date instead of last post date.

Top Bottom