Been looking around at the xenforo forums listed at http://xenforo.com/community/threads/forums-running-xenforo-software-with-over-100-000-posts.15638/ and a common trait I see is they started posting FAQ/Help threads in their news/announcement forums to help members new to xenforo understand the new forum system they have switched to.
Why not have an admin option to enable this automatically ? When option is enabled it will:
- Allow you to specify the forum id where you want the auto populated Help related threads posted in
- Copy the standard Help info text for each section and auto create a new thread in the forumid forum with a link back to relevant Help section page http://xenforo.com/community/help/
- Add to Help pages i.e. at http://xenforo.com/community/help/ an individual thread link for each section to the corresponding Help info thread from step 2 above
- This will allow new forums or establish forums migrating to Xenforo to automatically populate a specified forumid forum with useful and relevant content to guide new Xenforo members.
- Folks browsing the Help pages http://xenforo.com/community/help/ who have questions will have a clear forumid thread link to jump to discuss this further.
- Each auto created Help thread will allow 2-way communication between administration/mods and members if they have issues or questions related to using Xenforo thus encouraging and promoting further discussions.