Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I have this issue too
I did a wee bit of experimentation after a colleague suggested that a token may be expiring.
For all newly associated accounts, the info shown looks good (username, avatar, IIRC), but for anyone who associated more than (I think) 1 week ago, the info is missing.

Also, I noticed that when I click on an alert from my DMs in discord, it takes me to the alert page, not the thread im getting the alert about. this results in about 2-3 clicks to get to the desired content. It seems like making the links directly to the content would streamline things a bit?
Is there a solution for this? It would be nice on my phone pops up a discord alert that fortunate text me directly to the forum page/post

I am able to get specific Discord roles assigned/associated/added properly but when I remove a user from a xenforo usergroup, the role does not get removed in Discord. Do you know why that would happen?

Regarding support tickets, what is the average turn around for a response?

Last edited:
Since @NixFifty hasn't been seen in this thread for around 6 weeks, I'm using a mention in case a missed alert has caused the thread subscription to become buried. (y)

I did a wee bit of experimentation after a colleague suggested that a token may be expiring.
For all newly associated accounts, the info shown looks good (username, avatar, IIRC), but for anyone who associated more than (I think) 1 week ago, the info is missing.
It is indeed because the token expires. XF doesn't have native support for refreshing the access token after a period of time but it's something I'll add in to this add-on.
I am able to get specific Discord roles assigned/associated/added properly but when I remove a user from a xenforo usergroup, the role does not get removed in Discord. Do you know why that would happen?
No but I'll look in to it. What are your options currently set to?
Regarding support tickets, what is the average turn around for a response?
Generally a day or so but can sometimes be a little longer if I have something going on. I've been a bit busy so things have backed up but getting responses out today.
Is there a solution for this? It would be nice on my phone pops up a discord alert that fortunate text me directly to the forum page/post
I'll take a look for the next version. I don't have the code in front of me right now but it should be taking you to the content itself as of a few versions ago but my memory is a bit hazy on the topic.
Since @NixFifty hasn't been seen in this thread for around 6 weeks, I'm using a mention in case a missed alert has caused the thread subscription to become buried. (y)
Thanks, it had. :)

It is indeed because the token expires. XF doesn't have native support for refreshing the access token after a period of time but it's something I'll add in to this add-on.
Good stuff. That will make some of the debugging experiences for users ("why doesn't it work for me??") rather easier :)

Has anyone had trouble with the website widget showing text channels? i can get it to show voice only.
I did set the invite channel and enabled the widget.

Heads-up @NixFifty

I uninstalled this and it is till looking for "connected accounts". Loads of sever errors now that relate to connected accounts. I created a ticket on your purchase site.

I did not see any special way to disassociate all accounts during uninstall, so did not even think about it until the errors.

Heads-up @NixFifty

I uninstalled this and it is till looking for "connected accounts". Loads of sever errors now that relate to connected accounts. I created a ticket on your purchase site.

I did not see any special way to disassociate all accounts during uninstall, so did not even think about it until the errors.
I've responded to your ticket.

Hey @NixFifty, I've used this addon for now 3 different forum sites. I love what you've added to it since the last time I used it.

I wanted to see if there's a way to open up an API endpoint so that you'd be able to use someone's Discord ID to get their associated website profile. Something like GET discord/{id}/, where {id} is the Discord ID.

Hey @NixFifty, I've used this addon for now 3 different forum sites. I love what you've added to it since the last time I used it.

I wanted to see if there's a way to open up an API endpoint so that you'd be able to use someone's Discord ID to get their associated website profile. Something like GET discord/{id}/, where {id} is the Discord ID.
Yeah, sounds reasonable. FWIW, it'd have to be the Discord ID.
I am also able to confirm this. Here are my settings.
View attachment 263503
Thanks, I'm making improvements to syncing in the next version to resolve this.

Thanks, I'm making improvements to syncing in the next version to resolve this.
Just a follow-up to this. It seems like adding/removing a role on the forums doesn't sync it to Discord right away. I had to either wait for a sync to occur or make it think an association was happening by going into an association group and just hitting save (without making changes).

Top Bottom