Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I've looked in all the thread and instructions but I'm not finding what I need so I ask this if that could be implemented and/or it's too much hassle to do it.

I see threads & replies in certain nodes can be posted in a certain Discord channel, but can be done the other way around? Discord messages in a channel being replies in a certain thread? My use case is to have all the replies of my members (of a soccer team community at the time of a match) in a certain thread. It doesn't necessary to be XF<->Discord connected/synced users, I can even agree with a specific user in the forum ( a "Discord Bot XF User"? ) which can be synced with the Discord Bot who can take the messages of the channel (ideally at realtime) and post replies on the thread. Whatever it is easier.

I suspect the association of Discord channel <-> Thread ID should be in ACP, but if can be as an option of moderators that could be awesome too.

Thanks in advance.

I've looked in all the thread and instructions but I'm not finding what I need so I ask this if that could be implemented and/or it's too much hassle to do it.

I see threads & replies in certain nodes can be posted in a certain Discord channel, but can be done the other way around? Discord messages in a channel being replies in a certain thread? My use case is to have all the replies of my members (of a soccer team community at the time of a match) in a certain thread. It doesn't necessary to be XF<->Discord connected/synced users, I can even agree with a specific user in the forum ( a "Discord Bot XF User"? ) which can be synced with the Discord Bot who can take the messages of the channel (ideally at realtime) and post replies on the thread. Whatever it is easier.

I suspect the association of Discord channel <-> Thread ID should be in ACP, but if can be as an option of moderators that could be awesome too.

Thanks in advance.
This isn't built-in and would require custom development. Feel free to start a conversation with me here if you're up for funding something like this.

@NixFifty is there a way to (set default for all users) disable the bot's ability to send a DM in discord when we get an alert on xenforo? I know the description says we can change it in the alert preferences, but there's soooo many options, im not seeing one for DMs. Also, my users are just getting way too many DMs from the bot due to alerts from xenforo, so my whole community just wants to disable DMs from the bot entirely.

Ideally, there should be an option to disable DMs from the bot for all users.

@NixFifty So, is this able to take the Discord roles and use that to add members of my site to certain groups? You mentioned almost a year ago in this thread it was being worked on.

Is this done/ready? I don't need site to discord syncing. I need discord to site syncing with roles.

What matters to me is what roles they have on Discord being added to them on the site. I don't care to have what they have on the site being added to their Discord.

@NixFifty Seems as though my discord users who have boosted our server (with a "Server Booster" role) do not sync. They are the only ones. Any work around/fix for this?

What is the general consensus on how this impacts forum traffic. I would like to give my users new avenues of communication but I am concerned this could reduce forum traffic, which is where I make my money.

is there a way to add a second discord server for this, for example i have 2 communities using different categories of the forums, they have separate discords is it possible to make it so the bot can work on both?

What is the general consensus on how this impacts forum traffic. I would like to give my users new avenues of communication but I am concerned this could reduce forum traffic, which is where I make my money.
Depends on the nature of your forum; my site is a gaming community but we also had a Discord from day one so general discussion forums were never used. The site is more support/information oriented, and we've had a hard stance that real support was only on the forum (and now through the ticket system).

Depends on the nature of your forum; my site is a gaming community but we also had a Discord from day one so general discussion forums were never used. The site is more support/information oriented, and we've had a hard stance that real support was only on the forum (and now through the ticket system).
That makes sense. I am trying to expand my forum reach. I have 16k members and about 5m posts but the member count growth has slowed in recent years. I guess the question is how can I use Discord to increase website registration but not reduce traffic?

That makes sense. I am trying to expand my forum reach. I have 16k members and about 5m posts but the member count growth has slowed in recent years. I guess the question is how can I use Discord to increase website registration but not reduce traffic?
Mostly depends on your forum subject and target demographic. One thing I use to keep activity is gamification systems (point systems and achievement) but XF different have one that is that worthwhile currently that ties them both together.

Is there a way to see who has connected their accounts? We want to make sure people who join our Discord server are members of our forum and have their accounts linked.

This isn't built-in and would require custom development. Feel free to start a conversation with me here if you're up for funding something like this.

It's a feature request and the same reason I'm passing on making the purchase of this add-on.

1617800490411.png

Make a new user group, make an user group promotion and select that criteria with Discord as the provider, and it'll add the user group you made to anyone who has linked their Discord account.

This is obviously just a work around, but took about 2 seconds and should work well enough until NixFifty can add the functionality.

Does this add-on sync both ways (i.e. XenForo <=> Discord) or only one way or the other (i.e. XenForo => Discord OR Discord => XenForo)? I'm currently using Jaxel's Discord Integration add-on, but it only syncs XenForo user groups and Discord roles one way or the other.

EDIT: Also, I registered on your website. My username is the same as it is on here. If your Discord integration add-on does what I need, I'll definitely be buying it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom