Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I already paid for your plugin and I can almost guarantee your customers want this too. I'll buy another add-on and won't renew with you.

I have no idea what "integrate discord interface with the forums" means. Addon seems complete to me, all it needs is the register with Discord.

Hey @NixFifty why does this addon have Login with Discord but not Register with Discord? Are you adding this soon? Because I used to have another addon that had both register / login with discord, but I replaced it with your addon.

It was free, https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/connected-account-providers maybe if you need help with that you can take a look at how they did it.
Make sure you have the permission "Link Discord account" set and then you'll be able to register with Discord too.
I have no idea what "integrate discord interface with the forums" means. Addon seems complete to me, all it needs is the register with Discord.
I believe the request was to embed the Discord interface within the forum.

Make sure you have the permission "Link Discord account" set and then you'll be able to register with Discord too.

I believe the request was to embed the Discord interface within the forum.

Like implement a discord theme? Or do they want to put a discord widget somewhere? They can place a widget on their own, they have to go into their server settings and enable the widget and get the embed code. Haha.

Great, thanks for the help! It shows up now. ( :

@NixFifty Do you think, if I just switch the connected provider to nfDiscord for my existing TH Discord connected accounts, those accounts will function? (xf_user_connected_account) db table

The extra data is json formatted:

JSON:
{"token":"secretTokenFormatnDJenDENEme"}

Also, I suggest you add an FAQ section to this resource, and mention to enable the "Link discord account" Permission on Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group to allow register with discord to appear.

Found a problem. When someone tries to associate their existing forum account with a discord account, it doesn't let them if the email of the discord account is already found in xf as another user. This email check should not exist when trying to associate an existing account.

The email is only necessary when trying to register with discord.

Please, for the love of GOD, put a working, up to date guide on getting this installed up. As it is, right now, your 'installation' process is 100% incorrect, and not even close to appropriate

1: This is only a 'name'. There is nothing else.
2: The redirect URL goes elsewhere (in the oauth2 section)
3: (see above)
4: public bot and oauth2 grant are in the 'bot' section of the app itself

Sadly, even with all this fixed, and the integration working (at least testing) properly, the bot still returns 'No channels found. Perhaps the bot lacks the "Manage Channels" permission.'

You need to have the permissions integer enabled somewhere in your addon. Without it, one cannot even use this bot

Go figure, I paid $35 for a freaking lemon that doesn't even work

Please, for the love of GOD, put a working, up to date guide on getting this installed up. As it is, right now, your 'installation' process is 100% incorrect, and not even close to appropriate

1: This is only a 'name'. There is nothing else.
2: The redirect URL goes elsewhere (in the oauth2 section)
3: (see above)
4: public bot and oauth2 grant are in the 'bot' section of the app itself

Sadly, even with all this fixed, and the integration working (at least testing) properly, the bot still returns 'No channels found. Perhaps the bot lacks the "Manage Channels" permission.'

You need to have the permissions integer enabled somewhere in your addon. Without it, one cannot even use this bot

Yep, I have been working on an update and clearer instructions since the developer area has changed. Does your bot have admin permissions? Make sure it does but if you’re still having trouble, you’re welcome to start a conversation with me and we can look in to it.

Having the permission integer isn't fun because then you can't edit the permissions after it's set up.

If you don't care about security you can just make a role for the bot eg "Forum Integration" check the administrator permission, and drag the role to the very top of the role list on top of all other roles. Assign the bot the role. (ez pz)

If you care about security like me, you can only give it the 'manage roles' permission and drag it above the roles it needs to auto assign but most importantly below the administrative ones so it can't assign itself administrator if your bot token were to be hacked. Assign the bot the role. (slightly harder but secure.)

NixFifty updated Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 2.3.0

• Allow users to opt-out of receiving specific alerts on Discord.
  • Add the ability to alert a Discord channel when resource updates are posted.
  • Add the ability to alert a Discord channel when thread replies are posted.
  • Add an icon to the option group.
  • Remove the test for WebSocket as it is no longer useful.
  • Minor improvements to the JavaScript that opens a WebSocket.
  • Throw a prettier error if the NodeJS bot isn't configured properly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

How can I override the profile picture the forum assigns when someone registers using discord? I want new members to have the same profile picture, not the one from their discord account. (More specifically I don't want discord's default profile picture on new users on my forum.)

Is there a way to hide some channels when you want to promote a post to discord (like log channels), or reorder them so the unused are below the others ? Because now they are ordered like they are created at discord.

Top Bottom