DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools)

DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.2.2

No permission to download
When I goto account spam finder in tools in finds 100's of accounts, when you click delete user it takes you back to Users screen, this will take forever is there any way to select mulitple users?
I just hold CTRL and hit the delete button...

I've NOT tested this yet. But it would seem it would be as simple as removing the following from

library/EWRutiles/Model/StopForumSpam.php

PHP:
            if (!empty($result['username']['appears']))
            {
                $count++;
                $matches['username'] = new XenForo_Phrase('user_name');
                $errors[] = new XenForo_Phrase('stopforumspam_username', array('username' => $data['username']));
            }

PHP:
            ($data['username'] ? 'username='.rawurlencode($data['username']).'&' : '').

PHP:
            '?username='.rawurlencode($data['username']).

That would remove the check for user names for StopForumSpam.com

NEXT
library/EWRutiles/Model/FSpamlist.php

PHP:
            if (!empty($result[0]['isspammer']) && $result[0]['isspammer'] == 'true')
            {
                $count++;
                $errors[] = new XenForo_Phrase('fspamlist_username', array('username' => $data['username']));
            }

PHP:
            ($data['username'] ? rawurlencode($data['username']).',' : '').

That would take care of fspamlist.com

NEXT
library/EWRutiles/Model/BotScout.php

PHP:
            if ($result['username'])
            {
                $count++;
                $errors[] = new XenForo_Phrase('botscout_username');
            }

PHP:
            ($data['username'] ? 'name='.rawurlencode($data['username']).'&' : '').

That would take care of boutscout.com

NEXT (?)
library/EWRutiles/Model/Registration.php
PHP:
            'reglog_username' => $data['username'],

If anyone can confirm this..... It would be helpful. The last one I'm not 100% sure on.

Reactions: vVv
HELP-

I installed this last night (with branding free payment- thanks Jaxel for the great work!), but I just received an email that says a ton of my users have been deleted.

I realize that this is probably my oversight in not setting Unconfirmed Cutoff to 0. I fixed this already, but am wondering if I can re-instate/recover the lost users. Some are infrequent, but valued visitors.

Any ideas? I have automatic backup from my host....just wondering what file I would need to rollback.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I think I see the value of this being set to more than zero...my problem is that I installed last night and today, a few hundred members are deleted. I think, if this is "normal", that on install there should be a minimum number of days before non-confirmation results in deletion.

Sorry if I missed something obvious or do not understand exactly what is happening or how this works.

Any ideas? I have automatic backup from my host....just wondering what file I would need to rollback.
Long shots.
Investigate the database of a previous backup, get the affected user's email addresses and invite them to re-register. If there's a "ton" of them, like you say, that is going to take some time to compile.

I'd like to say try and investigate the database of a previous backup, adding these unconfirmed users back into the xf_user table but I'm pretty sure that's not that easy.
I spoke with Jake once a while ago about adding users back , or even adding users into a previously deleted userid # - there could be later trouble with any associated tables.

Depending on when your host did the last backup (*some* hosts do this on a six-hourly basis) - you stand to lose any interaction that your members have made with the board between then and when you do the "roll back". A figure this roll back would in this case have to be a database recovery job.

Depending on just how busy your board is, the severity of a database recovery will vary.

So, unless anyone else can think of a better way in the meantime...

Contact host, quickly. Ask (so you get a clue of how far back you're going) when the last backup was completed.
Ask for a database and file structure restore to their last backup - they should help you through this, or do it for you if they're any good.
After the work has been completed, I'd put up an apology notice.

I uploaded the folder to the XF root but for some reason when I navigate to the library/EWRutiles/addon-EWRutiles.xml I get a 403 permissions error.

I've set the .xml and Install.php file chmod (tried both 755 and 777) but it still doesn't let me install...

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Try to install by locating the file on your PC, like other add-ons.
Sorry this is my first addon I have installed, what do you mean locating it on my PC?

Like on the server? I use bluehost as a host

*EDIT*
derp nevermind I see what you mean, in the xenforo admin location... ok, I will try that

Go into your Admin CP, List Add-Ons, Install New Add On, navigate to where you have to folder saved, select the addon-EWRutiles.xml

Hit Install.

install.webp

I think you are trying to go to the actual address of the add-on, not sure you can install it that way (at least sounds like you are to me).

Hello again,

I am currently setting up the options for xenutilities to stop spam and I am wondering what users typically use for registration engines?
  • StopForumSpam.com
  • FSpamList.com (API Key Required)
  • BotScout.com (API Key Required)
Do most people use just one of these? All 3 of them? Is the registration process or resources used on the server changed that much depending on which one or how many I use?
I'm just trying to figure out what settings to use to prevent spammers. I just created my forum and I already had 5 spam accounts created and 1 poker spam thread created

I have a few Users from netherlands who wrote that they cannot register.
They all get this Message
Your username was found on the StopForumSpam database and has been rejected.
Your username was found on the BotScout database and has been rejected.
Your email address was found on the BotScout database and has been rejected.

Hello again,

I am currently setting up the options for xenutilities to stop spam and I am wondering what users typically use for registration engines?
  • StopForumSpam.com
  • FSpamList.com (API Key Required)
  • BotScout.com (API Key Required)
Do most people use just one of these? All 3 of them? Is the registration process or resources used on the server changed that much depending on which one or how many I use?

I'm just trying to figure out what settings to use to prevent spammers. I just created my forum and I already had 5 spam accounts created and 1 poker spam thread created

I use just stop forum spam. It seems to work fairly well.

Stopping spammers is usually easy - there are some guides on the site - Jake wrote on.

In general, you want:
1. Stop country spam - there is an add-on where you can whitelist or blacklist countries - no need to allow users from all over the world unless your forum truly relies on them!
2. A Q and A captcha- make it relate to your subject matter, so someone not familiar (a spammer) would have a hard time with the answer.
3. xenutilities to check stop forum spam, etc....and, you can use it in the ACP to look for the URL's people put in their profile. This is usually the sure sign of a spammer.

I manually check each of my registrations before I allow members. This allows me to use fuzzy logic and also look up their IP location. That is IN ADDITION to all the above.

Result - almost no spammers.

So... I activated stopforumspam with an API key but I'm not sure it's working. I had a user register that had some email@bypasscaptcha.com, and a few other registered at a string of random letters/numbers@hotmail.com.

Does SFS prevent them from registering or what does it do exactly?

There have been no new "spam threads" since I enabled it but I would like to prevent spammers from even registering in the first place if possible.

Also, when I use a Q&A captcha, can I put the answer to the question somewhere within the question or does that defeat the purpose? For example if I was to use this question:
"What is the my favorite color? (hint: it's not blue, it's not purple, it's not pink, IT IS RED, it's not yellow, it's not orange)"

Top Bottom