DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools)

DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.2.2

No permission to download
Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools) with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.6 CHANGELOG

Apparently StopForumSpam.com has a policy where they only accept submissions if the user actually spammed; they do not allow "guilt-by-association". SFS checks IP address, usernames and email address.

On my forum, where the heuristics are set to "medium", for someone to rejected, it has to match two of the three resources. If someone is rejected, it then submits the third resource into the system. SFS considers the submission of this third resource to be "guilt-by-association", since this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks! So what's the best way update the plugin -- upload/overwrite files and upgrade from "library/EWRutiles/addon-EWRutiles.xml" ?

Jaxel acted with the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose! :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On my forum, where the heuristics are set to "medium", for someone to rejected, it has to match two of the three resources. If someone is rejected, it then submits the third resource into the system.

This is great info. May I suggest that you add this to the description on the field within the Options.

So we no longer have the log that tells us how many spammers you blew away? That's unfortunate. I really, really liked that feature. It not only helped me show my users how much it's helped, but it allows me to see amount and frequency of attempts.

It would help tremendously if you tell us what errors you see.
And dont forget, the sitemap is generated once a week, si if you have installed it today you will have to wait before you see your first sitemap.
I think you can simply run the cronjob when it's first installed to have the initial build.

It would help tremendously if you tell us what errors you see.
And dont forget, the sitemap is generated once a week, si if you have installed it today you will have to wait before you see your first sitemap.

Server Error

file_get_contents(/home/gearhead/public_html/data/sitemaps/index.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRutiles/ControllerPublic/Sitemap.php at line 8
  2. EWRutiles_ControllerPublic_Sitemap->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gearhead/public_html/index.php at line 13
I didn't know about it taking a week. I set it up Tuesday I believe. So I guess I will wait longer unless there is an issue in this error.

James

So we no longer have the log that tells us how many spammers you blew away? That's unfortunate. I really, really liked that feature. It not only helped me show my users how much it's helped, but it allows me to see amount and frequency of attempts.

???

I've just finished upgrading all of my XF boards to XenUtiles 1.1.6, and the 5 that were infested are already logging more rejected spambots.

???

I've just finished upgrading all of my XF boards to XenUtiles 1.1.6, and the 5 that were infested are already logging more rejected spambots.
Same here, while they aren't being submitted to SFS, they are still being logged internally.

???

Thanks Jaxel, really appreciate this mod.

On my install, the old xenutils tab is gone from the admin side.

So I'm just missing the logs? Okay. I know they aren't in the same place so I guess I just need to get to looking.

Got it. Sorry about the confusion, folks. They are now under Tools -> Logs -> Registration Logs.

And since I loaded this Thursday at about 9 am CST, this has stopped OVER 500 bad registrations. I say over because that's where it apparently cuts off.

That's a lot of spam attempts in only a couple days.

Is XenUtils not submitting anything to StopForumSpam anymore? Clicked Spam on a few posts today and I didn't see any submission reports.

Is there any chance we could get a option to display the entire registration log on one page?

I'd like to be able to copy & paste all the rejected registrations in one operation. Currently one of my forums is adding 30+ pages daily. :(

i have few suggestions:

IN ACCOUNT SPAM FINDER
-add spam cleaner button
-the posts number in account spam finder is clickable to the members post
-add checkbox so that we can have mass action like spam cleaner button/ban/delete

another tool would be, BAN a specific registered members that registered on specific date like august 19 2012
where thats massive registration of spammer accounts

When I goto account spam finder in tools in finds 100's of accounts, when you click delete user it takes you back to Users screen, this will take forever is there any way to select mulitple users?

When I goto account spam finder in tools in finds 100's of accounts, when you click delete user it takes you back to Users screen, this will take forever is there any way to select mulitple users?

Right now only if you go through the database. It's what I did and it only took a few minutes. But I've tinkered before. If you aren't comfortable working in the guts it's not something I'd recommend.

Top Bottom