1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Disable Spoiler in Signature

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Michael, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Michael

Michael Active Member

Hi guys,

Having spoilers turned on site wide is never a good idea for most forums when it comes to signatures, you get a lot of people hiding content within them such as links/video embeds etc having a way to disable the spoiler in the signature I think is something most people will need for their sites.

Any chance of seeing this or is there a way to do this already?

I would also like to see a limit of media embeds in the signature similar to how you can limit the amount of links. It could be a good idea to do the same with spoilers so you dont end up with 10 spoilers in someones signature with 10 media embeds in each one.

Thank you.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just so you know, spoilers are considered "block" tags so if you disable those, spoilers will be removed.
    Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Active Member

I am unsure what you mean, what are block tags or are considered them and how do I disable them? Thanks Mike :)
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a reference to one of the signature permission options ("Allow block tags (code, quote, etc)").
    Michael likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael Active Member

I wasnt aware, thank you Mike :D That should work perfectly for me for now. Would there be any chance of seeing a media limiter in the future so we can control media embeds per signature as with it enabled now anyone can embed 5 in their signature and I dont want to disable it outright.
  6. Michael

Michael Active Member

That is exactly what I was after, losing code and quote isnt an issue :) Thank you for the help!