• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point Ads

er. naw.

So just open up notepad, insert the javascript, upload the txt file to my server and rename the extention as .html ?

Nevermind I turned digital point ads off because after moving a thread, I clicked on the redirect and it gave me this error.

8thredirect.webp

You can see the sort of info page we have setup to maybe give you some ideas... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/advertising.php

The other thing we did was make it well known to members that they can advertise... The footer of our site has a link to the advertising info page and we show our visitors a slider once a week letting them know they can advertise. Ultimately it's a balance between not being too annoying about it, but at the same time making sure members know. The way we have done it for digitalpoint.com, we are up to 1,052 PAYING advertisers using the system to place ads on digitalpoint.com, with the highest single advertiser funding a little under $70k to date. Obviously we didn't get that many (or that much) starting on day one, but as you slowly get additional advertisers, the old ones generally keep advertising... and as that happens it all snowballs with the bidding system (some vertical market areas of our site are getting people bidding as high as $75/CPM for banner placement to make sure they get the placement).

You can see the sort of info page we have setup to maybe give you some ideas... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/advertising.php

The other thing we did was make it well known to members that they can advertise... The footer of our site has a link to the advertising info page and we show our visitors a slider once a week letting them know they can advertise. Ultimately it's a balance between not being too annoying about it, but at the same time making sure members know. The way we have done it for digitalpoint.com, we are up to 1,052 PAYING advertisers using the system to place ads on digitalpoint.com, with the highest single advertiser funding a little under $70k to date. Obviously we didn't get that many (or that much) starting on day one, but as you slowly get additional advertisers, the old ones generally keep advertising... and as that happens it all snowballs with the bidding system (some vertical market areas of our site are getting people bidding as high as $75/CPM for banner placement to make sure they get the placement).
I'm not sure what all that bidding stuff means I will have to research this more. I just want to get this working because it looks way easier than me having to manually add advertisers banners myself.

Alright I have all this stuff set up with adsense. Was using chitika before because my adsense was disabled but the re-enabled it this morning. Now that I have Digital Points Ads up and running does my website show up in some kind of listing for advertisers?

http://blogs.digitalpoint.com/entry.php?b=192
The Warnings
In the last month, we received 30 warnings for running AdSense ads on non-compliant websites (gambling related). These are sites that I don't own, have no affiliation with, nor do I know who the owner is. I have no idea why someone would want to use my AdSense publisher ID on their site, but I guess that's beside the point really.
LMFAO @ someone running your ads on their site on accident and almost getting you banned.

Will you make a Advertisements post position modification for xenforo like you did for Vbulletin?

Yeah... I started working on it and got it about half done. I put it on hold until I finish some other stuff. It ended up being a little more complicated than I hoped to get it working 100% how I want.

*cough* This is still valid I assume? I will be setting it up in a moment. Sorry about the huge bump....

Top Bottom