- Put the contents of the library directory into your XenForo library directory.
- Install the addon_digitalpointAds.xml file in your Admin Control Panel -> Install Add-on option.
Ad types supported:
- Banners (the same 12 sizes that AdSense supports)
- Inline Keyword Ads
- Static Home Page Links
- Email Ads hopefully coming soon on XenForo (we can't edit the mail object for outgoing email at this point)
- Site owners can fall back to any other ad system when there is no ads to deliver (for example you could display AdSense any time there are no banners to serve).
- Advertisers pay you directly via PayPal so you get your money before ads are run.
- You have full control over which ads get approved for your site.
- Advertisers make bids for ad space so your ad revenue is market driven (site owners of course set minimum bids)
- Advertisers can target specific areas. For example maybe an advertiser only wants to run banner ads on threads in a certain forum.
- Advertisers can geotarget end-users.
You can see an example of the inline keyword ads (please don't click them as they are PPC): http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2084098
It's NOT a completely standalone system... The XenForo addon allows XenForo sites to hook into the backend for various things (like get keywords being bid on for your site, tells the backend what forums you have so advertisers can target them, etc.) The resource requirement to run the backend makes it not practical for average sites.
If you want to learn more about the system itself, you can find info here: http://www.digitalpointads.com/
8.3 KB Views: 112