• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point Ads

Interesting... we certainly aren't doing anything with that. Do you have a URL where you see it happening by chance?

nice job Shawn, althought i won't be using it at the current time, its nice to see you doing your part for the xen community. :)

My error log is full of:
#0 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/libraries/xf/rc2/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/libraries/xf/rc2/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/libraries/xf/rc2/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_opti...', Array) #3 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1516): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_option', Array, 'option_id = 'dp...') #4 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1485): XenForo_DataWriter->_update() #5 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1291): XenForo_DataWriter->_save() #6 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Option.php(473): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #7 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/DigitalPointAds/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Model_Option->updateOptions(Array) #8 [internal function]: DigitalPointAds_Cron::runHourly() #9 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(353): call_user_func(Array) #10 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array) #11 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run() #12 /home/www/doc/11759/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput() #13 {main}

Is it possible to try it out on a dutch site? Or only english, can i translate the plugin or not?

You can run it on a dutch site just fine... it's primarily a tool for you to sell ads on your site... so if you have advertisers who want to advertise on a dutch site, it's fine.

You can run it on a dutch site just fine... it's primarily a tool for you to sell ads on your site... so if you have advertisers who want to advertise on a dutch site, it's fine.
How does it work to pay the 30% to you?
And what if you sell nothing, are there other costs?

It's a post-pay system... you can try it out for a month, and if you want to keep using it, you can pay what you owe previously. The last month is free, so anytime you want to stop using it, you just don't have to pay for the last month (and the last month could be the first month).

You can pay whenever you feel like it from the Publisher interface under the "Billing" option: http://advertising.digitalpoint.com/publisher.php

Correct... if you sell nothing, you pay nothing.

Not sure what you mean by translate it, but I don't see why not... :)

Well when advertisers buy and pay all text is in english i gues, so that i may translate?
and no problem when xenforo and wordpress are combined? Same id?

Do I need a business account for PayPal? I don't have the third-party API option (as a personal) but someone I know has it cause she has a business account.

PayPal used to allow the API option unofficially on personal accounts, but recently they made it so it's only available on Premier or Business accounts.

And to be honest, I'm not even sure what the difference between a Personal and a Premier account is other than the Personal account has less functionality (fees are no difference and there is still no monthly fees or anything). There must be something else, but not sure what it is.

PayPal used to allow the API option unofficially on personal accounts, but recently they made it so it's only available on Premier or Business accounts.

And to be honest, I'm not even sure what the difference between a Personal and a Premier account is other than the Personal account has less functionality (fees are no difference and there is still no monthly fees or anything). There must be something else, but not sure what it is.

Lovely.

Top Bottom